verizon FiOS

2,560 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Yuccadoo
justalocal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
anyone have it? opinions?
FreeLunch
AG
FiOS is awesome. I've used it for about 8 years or so - since it came out. One of the best things about it is that it's always up. With cable/DSL, your internet will be down periodically and usually when you need it at that second (murphy's law).

The Internet speeds are fast and the TV has good picture quality. You can also use a TiVO/cable card. If you do sign up, you can use the following FiOS refer a friend promo code and we'l both get $$ back.

KIM020VZ

Verizon FiOS Refer A Friend

91_Aggie
AG
When did they start offering it in B/CS?
ksp
quote:
75AG
AG
quote:
originaltexan
I don't think it is here
ksp
quote:
I don't think it is here
Well this is total false advertisement!
Tailgate88
AG
FIOS is not here, and my understanding is that they aren't planning on expanding into new areas currently. Really confused why this thread is on this board...
Post removed:
by user
Hammerheadjim
AG
FIOS is not here. I would like to see stats and facts that Fios is a better internet service.
justalocal
Excuse my ignorance. I did not know it was not available here.
AggiePirate
AG
But luckily the city gubments are working towards encouraging another alternative with those speeds, according to a year ago. Maybe the Title II ruling will help. Or make it way worse. Exciting times!
Aggiefan#1
AG
I wish it would come. Their TV service is not that great and over priced for what it is. The internet is smoking. I can bundle DIRECTV customers with it in Dallas etc.. Just not here though. No plans apparently.

Brent Harriman
SoundWave Audio Video
o:888-511-SWAV
c:281-361-2730
e:brent@swaudiovideo.com

DIRECTV & DISH Premier Authorized Retailer

lucifer921
Have been using Verizon FIOS since last 3 years. Internet speed is just amazing !!
If you do sign up, you can use the following FiOS refer a friend promo code and we'l both get $$ back.

MEHTA013VZ

VERIZON Fios Refer A Friend
UmustBKidding
No more Fios anywhere until they close their market sales. Much more profitable to push people to their VZW cellular infrastructure.
And they sold Texas, California and Florida to Frontier http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/blog/techflash/2015/02/verizon-selling-its-texas-wireline-assets-to.html. So basically Verizon will be back to the original Bell Atlantic area. They have not been interested in the wireline market for years.
So Frontier seems to want to be in the phone business. From the inside people I know they plan to deploy VDSL2 in their Texas acquired markets. This is the same platform that UVerse run on. Since they plan to make capital expenditures its likely the will reverse the permanent exhaust situations that they have in places like Brentwood, Duckhaven and other fringe areas.
Yuccadoo
I just heard about the sale last week. Our DSL has been a nightmare west of CS. Slow when working much of the time, even their techs are frustrated. Hub congestion and a basic disregard for service reliability and quality. Their archaic system of reporting problems coupled with their determination that the 'problem' has been resolved and therefore your service ticket must be started over with more delays just makes a bad situation worse. I honestly think they abandoned putting a cent into phone/DSL for years and spent their capital on wireless infrastructure.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.