Christopher's World Grille

5,815 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Natasha Romanoff
nickstro66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone here been to Christopher's before? I was thinking about making a reservation there next month but I just wanted some input about it first. I looked it up and it has great reviews, but I'd like to hear TexAg's opinion!
FlyRod
Have been quite a few times over the years, mostly taking job candidates and out of town guests there. Its gone through cycles like all restaurants do. I think its better now than it used to be due to, I suspect, finally getting competition from the other nice restaurants like Veritas, Madden's, and The Republic.

Its pricey, but not obnoxiously so. Some of the dining rooms are nicer and better for conversation than others...worth checking out before you make a reservation.
nickstro66
AG
Is it reasonably priced for a college kid? I was thinking about taking my girlfriend there for our 2 year anniversary.
FlyRod
No, it is not. Its a special event place, s great for a date, but be prepared to drop some cash there.

I think their menu may be online so you can check out the prices there. Good luck and have a great date!
nickstro66
AG
Thank you! I appreciate it!
originaltexan
2 years? Better save you moola for a ring.

Have a good time at Christopher's ....good food
O.G.
quote:
Is it reasonably priced for a college kid? I was thinking about taking my girlfriend there for our 2 year anniversary.

No its not.....however, it is incredible and worth it. You might check on the menu/prices before you go.
InMyOpinion
I have been about 30 times over the last 12 years and have ALWAYS had great service and food. I only go because my wife likes everything about it.

Be prepared to drop $100-$150 depending on what you order. Personally I could care less and would choose to spend my money on less expensive food.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:

No its not.....however, it is incredible and worth it. You might check on the menu/prices before you go.
cz308
We went there back in December. I think I was more impressed with Messina Hoff personally.
ksp
For the price I prefer la riviera better, but christophers is fine.
Tariny
You could consider taking her to lunch instead of dinner, it's usually a lot cheaper. Since my husband makes a lot more than me, this is the tactic that I use, then for dinner he usually takes me out, or we have something at home.

I've only been to Christopher's once and it was pretty good. Make sure you mention to the waiter that it's your anniversary!
Brewmaster
AG
almond crusted Sea Bass FTW ... probably still on the menu, fantastic food.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Every single time I've ever been, I always order the Vietnamese egg rolls first thing.

Even if they're not on the menu.....they have them. All you have to do is ask.
AggiePirate
AG
They have 0% financing but I'm not sure for college students. But its what I use when I go there.
Gorbachev
I personally like Madden's and Caf Eccell.

The steaks at Caf Eccell are simply outstanding.
Jetty
AG
Love Christopher's! Get the snapper!!!!
gopitt
I always say that The Republic is by far the best restaurant in B/CS. Love the place.
But Christopher's is a close second. It is very, very good.
SARATOGA
pretty good food.

bad environment. they've crowded tables into an old house, and your table will be right next to, or uncomfortably close to another.

It should be called "Decent Food with Strangers"

ksp
quote:

It should be called "Decent Food with Strangers"

techno-ag
AG
When you're eating out, Sara, chances are high strangers will be seated near you.
ksp
quote:
When you're eating out, Sara, chances are high strangers will be seated near you.
Unless you are in the big room at La Riveria with a large party!

Bryan FTW!
techno-ag
AG
Maybe if you're Howard Hughes rich, you can reserve the whole restaurant for yourself and keep all the strangers out.
ksp
quote:
Maybe if you're Howard Hughes rich, you can reserve the whole restaurant for yourself and keep all the strangers out.
SARATOGA
just saying I prefer the ambiance of the republic, where more traditional booths and tables and spacing are and things aren't manipulated to fit a room that was never meant for lots of people like Christophers.

its like the chips and salsa commercial where people come to the actors apartment and there are "tables" all over in the living room, kitchen, and dining room.....just as I said, with better food...

you're right though. I don't like strangers.
FlyRod
This extra tables thing must be very new. I took a department head candidate for TAMU to dinner there a little over a year ago and we had far more space than we needed...very comfortable distance from the next table and no spillover in conversations.

I have heard rumors that they have a "Siberia" room where the seating is less than ideal, so maybe that's it?
ksp
quote:
just saying I prefer the ambiance of the republic, where more traditional booths and tables and spacing are and things aren't manipulated to fit a room that was never meant for lots of people like Christophers.

its like the chips and salsa commercial where people come to the actors apartment and there are "tables" all over in the living room, kitchen, and dining room.....just as I said, with better food...

you're right though. I don't like strangers.
Our apartment..Hmm strange name for a mexican restauarant
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Maddens might be a little less expensive, but still very nice. Cafe Eccel might also fit the bill, though I don't know what their new space looks like. There are actually quite a few moderately fancy places with great food in town that aren't full of students.

Last time I went to messina hoff the service was awful.
TheAlarmGuy
Cafe Eccel Get Her the Strawberry Tart. #Boom

great food and atmosphere

Some times less is More
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
spudag
AG
Agreed. All tarts are half price on Tuesdays, too.
Natasha Romanoff
I miss those strawberry tarts..

I always liked the Republic best out of all the "nice" restaurants in B/CS. Good steak, of course, but some of their composed entrees were spectacular. Great drinks too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.