Cafe Eccell

3,043 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ksp
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
update:

I've talked to Costa over email and he has gone above and beyond what I was expecting. The original post was not meant as a slight on Eccell's greatness. It was only meant to fix the breakdown in communication, from the kitchen. This was the only time I've left disappointed and yes management was involved, still left a nice tip, went on our merry way.

I will give them credit, their pizzas (and food) is some of the best in town. I seem to have stirred some emotions! my apologies.

Great menu, great food...we'll be back. EOT.
Costa and Andreas
Hi BREwmaster,

My name is Costa and I'm the owner. I apologize that we didn't do a better job of addressing your pizza issue. Although I don't know the exact details yet, I am working to find out. Of course, I would love an email from you with more details, I would really appreciate it. info@eccellgroup.com

We can usually address anything, given the chance. However, what bothers me a little more is the fact that you weren't notified ahead of time that we were out of something. A breakdown in communication occurred between the pizza cook, server, and yourself that really should never have occurred.

I'm anxious to hear from you and thank you so much for your transparency in advance.

With Kind Regards,

Costa Dallis
FlyRod
7th or 8th Cafe Eccell thread to date? I need to check. Wildmen, you usually have pretty good records on these things.
redd38
AG
How long ago did this happen? Long enough to go to Napa a couple times... why did you decide to post this now? Seems fishy.
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
Long enough to go to Napa a couple times... why did you decide to post this now? Seems fishy.

You don't know my wife's taste in food. Happened a few weeks ago, but been pissing me off in the back of my mind until now.

Nothing fishy, only time I've every had a problem there. Love Cafe Eccell. Thank you Costa, sending email shortly.
ksp
Did you tell the manager?
Brewmaster
AG
Who do you think adjusted the bill? or did you not read that far?

Troll.
techno-ag
AG
That reminds me, I need to go to CE for lunch this week. Great local place.
Brewmaster
AG
Man y'all are brutal today! Feels zoo-ish in here
FlyRod
Coveted blue hair blue diamond for halibut.

[Edit: for post above that was predictably deleted.]
ksp
quote:
Who do you think adjusted the bill? or did you not read that far?

Troll.

Maybe I am blind but I see zero mention of manager or talking to one in your post , are we just to assume you did?!? Don't cry man was just a simple question on a simple message board. It is ok to smile and laugh in life good man!!
nashvilleaggie11
I went today for lunch and ordered a salad. I too had an issue where they forgot one of the few ingredients in the salad. The salad was just ehnothing substantial or special to it.
CS78
Shoulda gone with the baked cod or smothered liver.
halibut sinclair
Should *have*
Inca
AG
Odd that a missing ingredient on a pizza bothered you so much for a couple of WEEKS that you all of a sudden decided to post on TexAgs about it. What do you do when something truly bad happens in your life?

Been meaning to get back to Cafe Eccell. We live in Brenham so not a lot of chances to eat dinner in College Station. But, I really like the new location and the specialty drink I have had is delicious.
originaltexan
Did you tell the manager?

Hey, I thought that was my line!

All kidding aside, I don't understand the punishment phase of posting XYZ on this forum.

If so determined to let the world know how bad life is, I would build a better case. Here is what I would do:

A) Experience the unthinkable. In this case, running out of a pizza topping.
B) Call the waiter over and tell him/her
C) Call over the manager if waiter's response was not satisfactory. If manager not there, call the next day.
D) Weak response from the manger? Call the owner. You might be surprised at what he says.
E) Owner has a poor response, then let the world know of your woes.

I have found that most managers and owners of a local business want you to come back and be a regular patron. There is value in that. These owners put everything on the line to try to make a return on their investment. Throwing an egg at your neighbor simply ain't fair!

Now a franchise or a chain may not care and none of the above applies.

PS: I have been meaning to go to the new location and just haven't. The old location was easier for me to get to, and the pizza and hamburgers were so good.

aggiepaintrain
AG
How do most of you function?
Serious question.
Scruffy
AG
Just roll with it.
Brewmaster
AG
man, some sensitive ones in here. Update on my original post.
ksp
quote:
man, some sensitive ones in here. Update on my original post.
Good deal, I see you are smiling. Life is much better that way!
originaltexan
I saw this the other day

http://www.eater.com/2015/3/3/8140395/restaurant-owner-shames-entitled-yelpers-on-instagram
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
Life is much better that way!
agreed. I've edited my original post, didn't feel that was fair to leave up.

just glad to be out of Austin and back in B/CS, where instead we argue about where we should be allowed to carry our piece.

I must add, if someone wants to try their pizzas, go during happy hour and sit at the bar - I think the're $5 off, good deal for how good they are. Then you can buy a beer with that $5!
malibu9in1
Just troll with it...
ksp
quote:
quote:
Life is much better that way!
agreed. I've edited my original post, didn't feel that was fair to leave up.

just glad to be out of Austin and back in B/CS, where instead we argue about where we should be allowed to carry our piece.

I must add, if someone wants to try their pizzas, go during happy hour and sit at the bar - I think the're $5 off, good deal for how good they are. Then you can buy a beer with that $5
Austin is a great place to visit, but Agree I would never live there.

Went to HS with Dallis, good people for the most part (cue in all the negative about the black sheep brother)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.