help with a dog issue

1,320 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by PrincessButtercup
Chloe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have 3 dogs....and for some reason last week 2 of them, out of the blue, have started to fight.

I was laying on my bed, with my smaller dog when my German Shepherd jumped on the bed and bowed up to her...my little dog growled and they started tearing into each other....full on biting on the neck. It took a lot to get them apart. I put the German outside and kept the others in side for awhile...when I let them in, the smaller dog hid under the bed for the rest of the night.

The next morning, for reasons I don't know, they started to fight again, and this time they both ended up bleeding.

So, I sent the German Shepherd to stay with my daughter and her Dad for the weekend (which happens all the time, not unusual) When they came home last night we kept the German on her leash to see how things went...she came home and immediately started acting dominant again, and growled at the smaller dog.

Has anyone had dogs who have for three years been fine together, suddenly start to behave like this? Any suggestions? Both dogs are spade, no food was around, no bones....I can't figure it out!
Tim Weaver
Take the little dog to the vet pronto.

Pack animals (Dogs) have a way of knowing when one of the pack is sick or dying. They will often attack that animal.

I'm not saying this is what's happening, but it is a fact of life....

Hope everything is OK
JenniferJennings
i hadn't even thought of that! I will...thank you
RDH80
AG
Yes it has happened to me. The aggressive dog, however, ended up being the one sick.
enchanted
So interesting the same thing is happening at our home as well. Will have to get the dog checked out. Thanks for the info.
Chloe
we have an appointment with the aggressive one tomorrow...hopefully we will get some answers...
BlueMiles
AG
Hope it goes well for y'all
PrincessButtercup
AG
Bizarre. Definitely let us know what happens. My little dog is a total butthead to my bigger dog lately. Steals all his toys and tries to urinate on him outside. Interested to see what your outcome is.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.