looking for a good website hosting company... Local..

1,266 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by DBSwooper
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
looking for a good website hosting company... Local.. want someone i can talk to and someone who can tell me what can be done to improve.. etc... i dont want to feel like a # with a company in Zimbabwe, who cant speak english, doesnt know my needs, etc.

classicdoug
AG
I have used Agnitek for years now. I've never had any problems and can call and talk to someone if I need to.
PrincessButtercup
AG
GKG
JoeCalAg05
AG
quote:
I have used Agnitek for years now. I've never had any problems and can call and talk to someone if I need to.
Chris98
AG
Agnitek
DFWag84
Agnitek. Run.
double b
AG
What are your needs? You wanting something that you can manage yourself and do the small tweaks, but the individual to provide support?

I have a contact to refer you to. Email is in my profile.
masteraggieaka2%ER
AG
Centennial Arts Ask For Alfred Hanna 1716 Briarcrest Dr., Ste. 220, Bryan, TX 77802
(979) 209-0774
theNetSmith
AG
I live in B/CS and have a server at Managed Networks (downtown Bryan) that I have used to host email and websites for several local companies. Let me know if you are interested. If you would like references, I can provide those as well.

Tim
gmail: timthenetsmith
DBSwooper
You're not looking for a hosting company, you're looking for a developer that will also provide your hosting solution.

Designers, there are many, it depends on if you want a slapped together Wordpress theme or a full custom interactive site. For hosting I've used GKG for different businesses and projects since 2008. They are my favorite local hosting provider. During that time only a small handful of instances have I seen any downtime, with each by the time I sent the e-mail to support it was back up (the primary server coming off line and the next in line taking over those services).
Post removed:
by user
DBSwooper
You're greatly overestimating my needs and budget if you think the websites for my book series and photography business needs or can afford Fortune 10 hosting and infastructure. Who knows, maybe someday I'll have that sort of traffic, but I'm not going to hold my breath, yet. As for GKG, yes you get what you pay for, but for what I get with my not-a-fortune-10-company budget I'm happy. Besides they remind me a lot of the regional ISP and webhosting company I worked for back in the 90s (not here, North Texas), I bet our stories about our former jobs are similar.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.