Chronic fatigue syndrome doctors

1,978 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brewmaster
Knife_Party
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After seeing some doctors for different issues for several years, I recently put the pieces together and realized this may be what I have. Does anyone know of any good doctors in the area that either treat this or are at least familiar with it?
O.G.
Not sure of a local doctor that treats this. However, I did hear recently that it's been designated with a different name. I heard it on the radio and I can not remember what it's called now but I think it was to
"officially" give it a certain designation.
smoove
Bone:
While I don't know who either, but I know what you are talking about. Not sure if I suffer from it too but I always wonder. I've heard it as referred to as ME/CFS. Google it.
I am going to my GP later this month for general checkup and I am going to bring up the topic.
I can give a few tips that may help and if you lay off/reduce some of these it may help.
In my assumption and research, it is partially caused by chronic and constant over stimulation of the brain (as well as some underlying health conditions). Whether be drinking energy drinks or drinks with caffeine all the time, drinking drinks with artificial sweeteners all the time (I used to be huge diet coke drinker-once I stopped this it helped noticeably), having a job that requires you to work way extended hours all the time, constant stress and/or requires you to have a constant "Go-Go-Go" attitude/mindset (everything-all-the-time).
Eventually this leads to burn-out and then to me, ME/CFS sets in after that if not corrected
Also if you do drink diet drinks, research Aspartame and Excitotoxins, including MSG in foods.
Good luck and I hope I've helped you some.
K2T2
I'd be really interested in getting some doctors names, as well. Someone important to me has been dealing with this kind of stuff for a long time, but doctors here have refused to acknowledge that their symptoms and pain even exist or offer any help or even some kind of recommendation to someone else who might be able to help.
Stucco
You may have an iodine or selenium deficiency, or both. Both can contribute to symptoms of or actual hypothyroidism, which include extreme fatigue.
Knife_Party
Thanks. Well, as I wade into this with my GP I'll repost on this thread any insights into who might be good for this in the area. I get the sense that if doctors can't physically see the illness or see a marker in a blood test they do not believe it exists. That has been my experience so far in dealing with this.
K2T2
Any luck with finding a doctor that could help?
Brewmaster
AG
KP
My wife experiences this from time to time...for her it is sometimes needing to sleep 12+ hours or taking lots of naps.
This stuff has helped a TON. It's a blend of herbs and supplements that work really well for her.

Energy by NOW

If you don't want the caffeine - I sometimes take Eulethero, also called Korean Ginseng for a boost. If you're a regular coffee drinker, your adrenals may be shot. Adrenal fatigue can cause CFS (just my semi educated opinion, and disclaimer, I am not a doctor!). Google how to restore your adrenals.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.