Need a Contractor

2,206 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by JP76
4lilmonkeys
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We're looking for someone to build a desk area for our kids in their playroom. Pretty simple job, just cabinets, shelves and a nice desktop along one of the walls. Possible we'll use them in the future for a kitchen remodel. We need someone reliable who does good work, this is something my husband and I don't have time to DIY.
welborn
I know several guys that could do this. Thing is, they are trim carpenters for Home Builders and they have tight schedules. You'd have to be patient as far as scheduling goes as this would be a side gig for them.
4lilmonkeys
Welborn, I don't think that's an issue for us. There isn't any sort of timetable, other than sometime this year. We just want someone that'll do good work and build something that will withstand four rambunctious boys.
welborn
The least I can do is ask him for you. If you're willing to wait a bit, I can check in on him and then we can exchange contact info to get everyone in touch. I know they get busy in the spring, but I'll certainly ask.
4lilmonkeys
That would be great! I'm willing to look at any/all options. Thank you!
kddub
Call Wren Sisco with Sisco Home Services. He is the perfect guy for this project and does great work. 979-218-2894
Firefighters Wife
I highly recommend SM Construction. Sergio and his team are very professional. They have remodeled the outside of our home plus put in a new fence, and will be remodeling our kitchen as well. They are doing a fantastic job & we couldn't be happier! Sergio will come out & listen to your needs, talk with you & return with a written bid...he's on site a lot with his team. Communication between us & Sergio was/is perfect, start to finish (clean up) went great!

SM Construction (smbuild.com)
979.481.6725 Sergio/Owner

medic1969p
Call T at Glory Enterprises. He just did some cabinet work at Mug Walls and AAMCO. He'll listen to your needs and give you an estimate. 979-218-2335
4lilmonkeys
Thanks everyone!

I want to stress that this is NOT a big OR expensive job. I probably should have said that in the beginning. We live in an older home, so it's not a matter of putting in pricey custom cabinets or anything like that. Just something nice, but fairly basic.
welborn
I apologize to you but the guy I reached out for you has told me he does not expect enough time to do the job. He is going to be far too busy. Best of luck.
JP76
What are the dimensions you are wanting built ?
Painted or stained?
Can you post a picture of something similar to what you are wanting ?
4lilmonkeys
Welborn, I appreciate you at least checking into it for me!

JP76, the only thing I know is that I have a long wall (maybe 8 to 10 feet?) where we would like to build. It's a little bit of an an awkward spot, but I think it'll work.

This is basically what I'm looking to do.
http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/photos/0,,20424822_20844929,00.html
Twix
AG
I'm going to piggy--back on this thread...we're looking for something similar, but only 1 desk and 6' of space. We ran a quote with Lowe's yesterday and it's looking around $1500 for materials and shipping...that doesn't count installation. Surely there's better option!
JP76
Custom built ins are not going to be cheap if you are wanting something like in the picture posted. Try Luther Price cabinets.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.