now that every fast food place is serving a fish sando on menu, any good ones?

2,850 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AggiePirate
eloc62
How long do you want to ignore this user?
now that its Lent, everybody is bringing out their fish sandwich. any worth eating?
ro828
Sonic and Whataburger.
mazag08
AG
Just go to Bonheads.
FlyRod
Chef Tai's food truck makes a fish burger sandwich that is off the chain crazy good. He keeps an eye on religious holidays and seasons so hopefully is offering it this Lent
Firefighters Wife
Boneheads is a great place for seafood (also other items on menu) Fantastic grilled sides (the asparagus & the zucchini are my favs), we have tried a lot of different items on their menu & we have yet to be disappointed! Love their Mahi Mahi, fish tacos, chicken...YUM! Also has a great soft drink dispenser (a lot of different flavors) Great staff, owner is normally there too!

Its not fast food as in having a drive thru, but its well worth it.
AggiePirate
AG
Subway
ksp
Boneheads!!
eloc62
i have had Boneheads fish tacos, and the are good. anybody had their fried fish and fries? i also like Fuego's campeche fish tacos with that slaw. i think i liked Wendy's fish sando last year when it was available if you can get a good one. i would try Whataburger's because they're my fave fast food go to place.
mazag08
AG
If you haven't had the bonehead shrimp go get it tomorrow. I always got their Mahi, but I will always get the shrimp now.
Twix
AG
You can't beat the Friday catfish special at Boneheads...1 (large) filet of catfish (fried or grilled), rice and a side + drink for $7.99. Our son likes the fried shrimp... $22 for a seafood dinner can't be beat.
AggiePhil
AG
The fish and chips at Boneheads is good but ir isn't a traditional English fish and chips. I still miss Madden's food truck's fish 'n chips. Best I've had.
FlyRod
Maddens was great.
musicforall
"The Local" fried fish sandwich is wonderful and enormous. Try it with their handmade chips. I do not often eat fried food, but this was worth it. One sandwich would feed two light eaters.
biobioprof
quote:
Chef Tai's food truck makes a fish burger sandwich that is off the chain crazy good. He keeps an eye on religious holidays and seasons so hopefully is offering it this Lent
Didn't see it on the menu on Thursday. The specials were a pulled pork sandwich and a pork cutlet on rice.
Melin88
quote:
Boneheads is a great place for ..........YUM! Also has a great soft drink dispenser (a lot of different flavors) ........
I like Boneheads because of the options for sides, but the Coke from those multi-flavors-through-one-spout machines is nasty. I'm seeing those machines more often (Fuddruckers, convenience stores, restaurants in Houston) and the Coke tastes the same... like old canned soda that's been left open in the fridge for awhile. I even let it run a bit to wash out the fruit flavors, root beer, etc. that the user prior to me selected, but it doesn't help. Maybe the other flavors are okay, but I just get water at Boneheads or any restaurant that uses those machines.

Good fish, though.
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
quote:
tastes the same... like old canned soda that's been left open in the fridge for awhile.

That's just the sizurp from the pouch that was not blended with enough club soda. Nothing will beat the old glass bottle for me. A nice glass bottle of whiskey.

Also gave up fried things this lent. So cans of tuna have been looking at me like they are women on the lifetime network.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.