best place for a cup of coffee in BCS?

7,200 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by FlyRod
LGAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The places that come to mind are 1541 and the shop on Harvey. Where an I missing? Anyplace in town roast their own beans?
AggiePirate
AG
Coffee Station, will never go anywhere else. Come meet me next to the chess games upstairs with a choo-choo-chino.

DBSwooper
Harvest in downtown is my new favorite spot.
FlyRod
Harvest.
Yuccadoo
1541 is my favorite, and they sell some awesome beans, too.
spudag
AG
Harvest
PhiAggie
AG
Harvest and Mugwalls have the same ownership. Either would be my choice for best coffee.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Starbucks.

Said no one ever.
O.G.
In for this. Familiar with 1541, good coffee.
FlyRod
Starbucks isn't "the best" but it's fine, and frankly pretty much beats every restaurant in town for coffee.

The trick around here is to find out who uses good water vs. the foul local tap water to make coffee...that's 3/4 of the battle right there.

And The Village makes a nice cup of coffee too.
taxpreparer
AG
I have never been in a Starbucks that the coffee did not taste bitter and burned. McDonald's makes better coffee.
75AG
AG
quote:
I have never been in a Starbucks that the coffee did not taste bitter and burned. McDonald's makes better coffee.
But it's ridiculously expensive, so it MUST be good!
Max06
AG
Tell me more about Harvest.

What's The Buzz roasts their own beans but doesn't have a coffee shop.
Tradishun
1541 and Harvest, for sure. Both are fabulous. And they're also run by nice people.
FlyRod
I agree that Starbucks coffee often tastes bitter and burned. But it's still better than McDonalds coffee by far. And at the risk of offending my New England relations, it beats the pants off of Dunkin Donuts.
But yes, 1541 and Harvest are the best by far in BCS. The Village uses local What's the Buzz coffee and they are good.
halibut sinclair
Shell station at Boonville and the Bypass.
starbuck128
AG
quote:
Tell me more about Harvest.

What's The Buzz roasts their own beans but doesn't have a coffee shop.
Village Cafe in downtown Bryan serves What's the Buzz. So does Blue Baker.
FlyRod
Forgot about Blue Baker. That's another good choice.
gopitt
Harvest. Another plus for downtown Bryan.
Excellent.
TXCityGirl
1541 Coffee Shop also has amazing pastries. Gotta have something to eat with my Chai Latte!
GSS
quote:
I agree that Starbucks coffee often tastes bitter and burned. But it's still better than McDonalds coffee by far.
We'll have to disagree on this one. Years ago McD's changed their coffee brewing for the better. Granted, how long it may have been sitting in in the decanter will influence the quality, but fresh-brewed McD's is delicious for the wife and I.
Starbucks? Ack...
jja79
AG
quote:
Now you know what a barrista does.
OceanStateAg
AG
Nothing beat Dunkin Donuts, patiently waiting until the day they pull the trigger and open a franchise in B/CS.
FlyRod
Hopefully they won't serve it with the cream and sugar already dumped in like they do up in Yankee land.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
I agree that Starbucks coffee often tastes bitter and burned. But it's still better than McDonalds coffee by far.
We'll have to disagree on this one. Years ago McD's changed their coffee brewing for the better. Granted, how long it may have been sitting in in the decanter will influence the quality, but fresh-brewed McD's is delicious for the wife and I.
Starbucks? Ack...
Gotta agree with GSS on this one. McDonald's has done a great job at coffee. Also their dollar drink deal on any size is hard to beat.
FlyRod
I've only had Mickey D's coffee while waiting for flights at DFW recently. If they've changed their brewing method, the folks there never got the memo.

I do agree that its dirt cheap though.
AggieJason
AG
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Lupa's Coffee (in the same shopping center as Prospector's Grill). They are the best coffee in town by a LANDSLIDE (and I've had them all).

They used to source their beans from What's the Buzz, but have switched to Fair Trade Organic from Central America. I don't know if they roast their own beans or not, but once they grind and process, care is taken to make it perfect. Their owner is a recent Aggie grad. who knows his stuff and makes sure his employees do, too.
don61
I like Starbucks. I also like Mugwalls.
FlyRod
Ah, Lupa's. They are quite nice, good call.
concerned vet
My Daily Bread
carpe vinum
AG
Nah. Its Shipley's in Bryan. Each cup comes with a free group of grumpy old men solving all the world's problems.
Tradishun
quote:
Nothing beat Dunkin Donuts, patiently waiting until the day they pull the trigger and open a franchise in B/CS.

How many Ags from RoaDyelind can there possibly be? (Because I met one tonight.)

But this is a classic response from a RoaDyelinder.
AggiePirate
AG
I will add that when eye contact is important, the folks at Bryan Kroger Starbucks do eye contact right. Especially the bold young gentleman with the tied back brown hair which screams of adventure.
meinkee
Oddly,tho the banquet food is usually just
that,the Hilton brews a great pot
of coffee!
australopithecus robustus
What's the buzz served at Cafe Eccell.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.