Indian Lakes (Hwy 6 access)

7,160 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Frio Cielo
ClassicArnold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Had a new homeowner in Indian Lakes say that her realtor? builder? told them an access road from Hwy 6 would start construction in June 2015. Can anyone confirm this?
carpe vinum
AG
I sure hope so. It's been discussed for at least 3 years but I've not heard anything recently.
AggiePirate
AG
A cool way for potential burglars to have an escape route should they be cut off in front.
the pit man
I hope that they do, it will take so much traffic off my street. Since Indian Lakes opened our street has been the cut through for them.
techno-ag
AG
Needs to happen.
FlyRod
Spyderman
AG
Yep, think its going to happen. Will not tie in directly with Cherokee Drive, but will sorta parallel it and will join the access road somewhere north of the Cherokee intersection with south bound access road. Looks like the extension of Mesa Verde over to the speedway overpass has taken a back seat for now. Which is fine as we can still bow-hunt for now...
phatpat21
I'd be happy if they just widened Arrington Rd
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
I'd be happy if they just widened Arrington Rd
I've seen that plan too, but that looks ten years down the road (so to speak).
AgsWin2011
AG
quote:
I hope that they do, it will take so much traffic off my street. Since Indian Lakes opened our street has been the cut through for them.

I bet you live on south oaks!
313-7-12thMan
Mesa Verde will continue to the overpass at Texas World Speedway. June 2015 is pretty optimistic though. Probably closer to summer 16 timeframe. The mobile office on Indian Lakes Drive has the detailed information and maps.

dave99ag
AG
I remember when Indian Lakes was first developed and them claiming Hwy 6 access. Only took them 10+ years to maybe make it happen. It'll definitely alleviate some of the Arrington traffic.
TheAlarmGuy
Arrington Rd NEEDS TO BE Widened Regardless
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
Spyderman
AG
quote:
Mesa Verde will continue to the overpass at Texas World Speedway. June 2015 is pretty optimistic though. Probably closer to summer 16 timeframe. The mobile office on Indian Lakes Drive has the detailed information and maps.

That original plan may have changed. At least that is what I was told. If it does go through, sure hope we get a DQ on it.

ClassicArnold
I'll admit, I live on South Oaks also, and we'd ALL like the Indian Lake residents to either go to the lights on Fitch or have their own access to the Hwy. Stating that it gives thieves easier access in & out is true, but selfish. EVERY OTHER residential area in B/CS has at least 2 ways in & out.
Spyderman
AG
Any further scuttle on a 2nd entrance?
originaltexan
Here comes the Wal Mart Mega Center , open 365 days, international truck stop for weary 18 wheelers...just kidding
Ribbed Paultz
Spyderman
AG
quote:
Anyone know anything else about the time line on extending Mesa Verde to the highway?
I now expect Mesa Verde to come over where my trailer once was. This time next year things will look quite a bit different I'd guess. Neighborhood is a changin.
gunan01
AG
Sort of depressing as an IL resident that this thread was started 2 years ago.

There seems to be occasional interest in getting this done, then the interest dies down. Any updates?
daggerwoods
AG
Pretty sure the hold up is waiting for approval for crossing the creek south of Cherokee dr.
bcstx06
If you are riding on Highway 6 and look over that way it looks like they have already started on it. Some big road is going in near that area, or maybe its further down but I know I saw it and I figured it was the Indian Lakes Hwy 6 entrance. If that is not what it is does anyone know where I'm talking about?
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
That's the new entrance to Millican Reserve.
Oogway
On my way to Navasota i saw that too, and now i am trying to recall where it was exactly----I am thinking it was north of Peach Creek where they are working on the culverts but beyond that I am foggy...

Never mind! Mystery solved!
Frio Cielo
Once open, homeowners in Indian Lakes need to check with their insurance agent and see if their insurance can be lowered a little. One public road access to a home is a high risk hazard in case of blockage of emergency vehicles. Might be able to save a few bucks!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.