Contacting the College Station Post Office

7,734 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by meezermom
C XX I
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The office on northgate gets the job done politely and quickly, despite dealing with nearly constant headaches from language barriers, foreign currency transfers, and international shipping.

The CS hub is mostly shipping boxes and resuming held mail - and that apparently causes them to completely lose their minds.
justalocal
I think you have to consider where the phones are in the building. I don't think I've ever heard a phone ring in the customer service area. I know when you get a certified letter, you are supposed to ring the bell by the inside drop box but it is not always manned.

Wellborn is my preferred but our po box is at the cs location.
threecatcorner
They don't publicize their phone number at all. They only list the 800 number. That js their way of discouraging people from using the number. As others have said, they are helping customers who are there in person, and I have also never heard a phone ring when I was there. They probably don't have phones at the counter so counter staff will help people who are in line.

The OP mentioned that she couldn't go in person because her husband had the car for work. If he has a Monday through Friday job, go there Saturday morning. That particular office is open until noon on Saturdays.
C XX I
quote:
They don't publicize their phone number at all. They only list the 800 number.
It's literally the very top on Google. I searched "College Station Post Office" and got all of them.

And, again, other USPS offices can't get in touch with them via phone, to the point of not being able to resolve their own mail issues because the CS office doesn't answer phones. This isn't just a customer service issue; it's complete dysfunction.
75AG
AG
Nothing to do with the OP's issue... But on Tuesday, I had my neighbor's mail, who had their neighbor's mail, who had their neighbor' mail, etc., etc, for 6 houses. All houses have mailboxes directly in front. I just laugh and shake my head. Oh, my mail was in my across-the-street neighbor's box.
ksp
quote:
Nothing to do with the OP's issue... But on Tuesday, I had my neighbor's mail, who had their neighbor's mail, who had their neighbor' mail, etc., etc, for 6 houses. All houses have mailboxes directly in front. I just laugh and shake my head. Oh, my mail was in my across-the-street neighbor's box.
Nah nothing wrong with the postal service!
csaggie03
I have had issues with the CS post office losing packages...so frustrating! I ended up calling the 1-800 number and filing a claim. Magically, once I filed the claim the packages were found and back in route the next day! To get a live person though, it takes forever unless you use this trick I found online:

800-275-8777 0 when it asks what you are calling about, then 0, then press 5, then 5, then 2
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
another highly efficient guv'mint operation ran by union personnel.......
Its the same issue that plagues the whole country. The fat cats on top pocket most of the money and leave the ones below with less resources to work with. The old guy is correct. I got kin workin in the Bryan post office so I hear say what its about.
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:
I have had issues with the CS post office losing packages...so frustrating! I ended up calling the 1-800 number and filing a claim. Magically, once I filed the claim the packages were found and back in route the next day! To get a live person though, it takes forever unless you use this trick I found online:

800-275-8777 0 when it asks what you are calling about, then 0, then press 5, then 5, then 2

THIS. I had HUGE issues with the Post Office when I was there. I was told by the 800 number people that there is a number listed for the PO online that they will never answer and a phone number that, when the phone rings, they know they are in trouble for something and they will always answer. I tried that second number, and what do you know...they answered. Sorry I don't still have it because I've switched phones since then. But yeah, good luck with them. They are a total nightmare.
meezermom
Thanks for the 1-800 number. Although it took 53 minutes, I ended up talking to someone who "opened a case" for me and am expecting a call back in 48-72 hours.

Not that I really expect this to be resolved, or to ever hear back - it's likely that after Monday the company will just have to send me a second package and we'll all hope that this one actually makes it here fingers crossed!
ksp
53 minutes? your lucky day! surprised govt didn't have you on hold for hrs minimum.
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:
Thanks for the 1-800 number. Although it took 53 minutes, I ended up talking to someone who "opened a case" for me and am expecting a call back in 48-72 hours.

Not that I really expect this to be resolved, or to ever hear back - it's likely that after Monday the company will just have to send me a second package and we'll all hope that this one actually makes it here fingers crossed!
Honestly, the two times I've spoken with someone at the 800 number and had them open a case, the issue was actually resolved in a matter of days. With a phone call from the postmaster, apologizing. So, don't give up hope yet!
redd38
AG
quote:

When I opened a case with the 800 number I got a call a few days later saying the exact same thing as I could read off their website if I put in the tracking number (says the package was handed to someone in the front office), and that I needed to call the local post office to get further investigation.

The problem is that the front office didn't have the package and was closed on the day it was allegedly delivered, so there's no way it was handed to someone in the front office. All of which I told to the person that started by case. It didn't seem to matter to them though.
meezermom
28 hours after I filed the claim with the USPS, the package "miraculously" appeared at my doorstep - despite the fact that they had been trying to tell me that it had never been dispatched to USPS from DHL in Grand Prairie and that was where the holdup was.

I'm just happy to finallly have the package! Now if we could get Amazon.com to stop using USPS and go back to using UPS things would be fantastic!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.