RO Water System for home

2,098 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by rcannaday
AggieWife2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Anyone have recommendations for a good company in town that sells & installs RO systems? Trying to keep it local rather than going to Lowes or buying online.

For those of you that have gone down the path...what was your cost for it all? Thanks in advance!
armymom
Tim Bailey Plumbing installed a whole houses filter system for me $1200. The filtering system hangs on the garage wall and was easily plumbed to existing pipes. I replace the filter about every 18 mos from Moore Supply. I wanted the chlorine filtered out and can definitely tell the difference. Tim knows his product well. And we drink the tap water now.
Tailgate88
AG
If you're not wanting the whole house, Culligan has a system that goes under your sink and provides an extra faucet next to your main one with RO filtered water. Ours also goes to our ice machine in our Frig. It's $29/mo and we've been really happy with ours.
AggieWife2008
S
quote:
If you're not wanting the whole house, Culligan has a system that goes under your sink and provides an extra faucet next to your main one with RO filtered water. Ours also goes to our ice machine in our Frig. It's $29/mo and we've been really happy with ours.
After I wrote this, I found BCS Culligan online. The sales guy happened to be in our neighborhood and stopped by within minutes. Getting it installed tomorrow!
SARATOGA
+1 for Culligan. Really easy.
Tailgate88
phatpat21
Medi-Weightloss Clinics
Culligan - reasonable, they just replace the whole unit every so often rather than change filters, etc. Have had the service for 10+ years and I have nothing but good to say. Friends had system where they had to do maintenance and they replaced with Culligan after 3 years. Nice people too!!
Brewmaster
AG
I don't have the link handy, but there are very highly rated RO setups on Amazon. The under sink type with an added spigot/faucet... Cheaper than $29 month (at least if you have it longer than 7 or 8 months).
But Culligan is a good option for some
AggieWife2008
S
Culligan came out today to install--WOW!!! What a difference! Tastes even better than the filtered water that comes from our fridge. HIGHLY recommended!

BCS Culligan: 979-946-0000
Yuccadoo
I guess I need to call Culligan and find out why they charge me $35/mo
rcannaday
AG
we installed one of these its great: http://www.aquasana.com/whole-house-water-filters
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.