Good experience with Shammy car wash

1,859 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by tb9665
PhiAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On Saturday I took my vehicle in to get washed. I live closer to them now that Ive moved, and wanted to see how they compared to wolf pen (where I usually go). I selected the deluxe wash with a $10 add on for interior clean.

When I picked up the vehicle, I noticed oil smudges on the drivers side doors, dirty surfaces on the back of the vehicle that were overlooked, and also noticed that they neglected to vacuum the rear interior. I asked to see the manager and the owner politely greeted me and asked how he could be of assistance. First, I kindly informed him that I was not interested in any type of free service or refund. I showed him the smudges and the un-vacuumed area. He apologized, and acknowledged the oversight. He said he had just hired some new employees and that the overload of cars was the reason for the error. I agreed that they were very busy. It was the first nice day we had in a while and everyone was getting their car washed.

He asked if I had time to send it through the line again so that it could be corrected. I told him that I didnt have time because I had an apt to get to. He made it clear that customer satisfaction was his priority and he gave me a coupon for the same service free of charge.

Thought I would share this good experience with the board.
PhiAggie
AG
tl;dr = Shammy missed a couple things when they washed my vehicle and the owner gave me a coupon for another free wash.
ksp
Good customer service! Mistakes will happen at any place, it is how it is handled from there that decides how the relationship will proceed from there.

Sounds like he made 100% right by it.

The only thing that would have made it better was to offer to pickup it and deliver back to you since you already drove there once.
PhiAggie
AG
ksp, that would have been far above and beyond imo. I merely wanted him to be aware of the oversight, nothing more. You are right, he made it right but I did not request it. Im reasonable. A pick up and drop off would have been a bit much considering I only paid 38 dollars.

Do car washes even do that?
techno-ag
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
ksp
quote:
ksp, that would have been far above and beyond imo. I merely wanted him to be aware of the oversight, nothing more. You are right, he made it right but I did not request it. Im reasonable. A pick up and drop off would have been a bit much considering I only paid 38 dollars.

Do car washes even do that?
I would say it is not normal to do that, but is it normal to not vacuum all spots of the car and leaves smudges on the outside?

You already invested your time to get it done correctly the first time.

I also believe if a togo order at say roadhouse is done incorrectly, they should bring it to your house, not make you drive it back up there. You already invested your time and money to have it done as expected once.

It is not like you went to shammy because you wanted, you needed a detail job. Not saying it isn't above and beyond, however, that is what you do when you Eff up IMHO. you go above and beyond to make up for it.

Having you come back to get the exact same thing you expected the first and paid to have done correctly the first time, is the issue. It is now time to go above and beyond and make it right. They did good on making it right, they did not go above and beyond to make it right.

How much is your time worth an hr? $30? $40? because that is what it is going to cost you to do this yet again.
taxpreparer
AG
PhiAggie,

If your are satisfied, then they did it right. I would have wanted to be jumped to the head of the line and had it taken care of immediately.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
ksp
quote:
PhiAggie,

If your are satisfied, then they did it right. I would have wanted to be jumped to the head of the line and had it taken care of immediately.
That is where I would be at, however he stated he did not have time to wait again. At that point I would be expecting them to pickup and deliver vehicle once it was done correctly.

But ultimately if OP is happy, then situation is golden!
PhiAggie
AG
Today I gave them their second chance, and it'll be their last. My interior wasn't completely armor alled, the exterior hadmultiple places that weren't wiped down and still dirty, I asked for a fragrance (included in the package), the floors still had areas that weren't vacuumed, and the floor mats weren't completely cleaned (still had dirt). I appreciate their attempt to try to keep my business, but Ill be going elsewhere next time.

For those wondering, I did not bother speaking with management this time.
Picadillo
Have been going there for years and have always had great service
Brewmaster
AG
Phi,
For what it's worth, any car wash place with machines is going to put swirl marks on your vehicle. A hand wash is the way to go. I'm giving CS Detail a shot - a mobile detailing outfit...I've heard great things from others.
tb9665
I gave up on Shammy years ago. Tried them twice and left the car dirty. I know others that have had the same issue. I can not wait until the new car wash opens up in South College Station.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.