Psychiatry?

3,097 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by tinybutmighty
OTSmith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any suggestions for a psychiatrist in the area? I'm willing to travel to Austin or Houston. Dr. Brown left Scott & White and it has left a lot of people up in the air. I'd be grateful for suggestions.

[This thread has been cleaned up. Posters that have physician reccomendations please feel free to post. Posters that want to post judgemental opinions need to ask themselves if that post is worth a ban. -Staff]
Scruffy
AG
I don't know if he's still practicing, but Dr Miller in north Houston is really good.

Edit: I think Gary Miller.
I know he has several research papers.
BCStalk
I was quite satisfied with my happy pills. I have used Dr. Dave. I am always a very active and nutritious person with personal experience with psychologists and psychiatrists. Some people however have issues with the way their mind reacts that can't be fixed with diets. In these cases, medication is the best choice when it could be effecting your life enough to take that step(which is NOT easy). Also just talking to an individual who has studied to help these type of problems is a relief to many (which is also NOT easy to do). To each his/her own.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Props to you, staff, for cleaning up this thread. Good luck, OP.
OTSmith
Thank you!
justalocal
My post, I guess, didn't post. Rock prairie behavioral health 979-703-8848 outpatient and inpatient programs.
FlyRod
Dr. Barbara Sanford, AABH on Carter Creek in Bryan. Wonderful person.
AC Hopper
S
What happened with Dr. Michael Brown?
Is he still practicing in the area or what?
C XX I
More specifically, does anyone have a phone number for Dr/ Brown's new (if there is one) practice?
The Grinder (99)
AG
I may not be correct, but I heard Dr. Brown has moved back to Louisiana.
OTSmith
I knew he had family in Louisiana but didn't know where. If anyone finds out, that would be welcome information. The man was so incredibly helpful to me and I know he was to others as well.
firefly1204
Lorene Henry
beefly95
I'm bumping this because I too am seeking info on a good PSYCHIATRIST (not psychologist) in town. I hear Dr. Brown is good, and Dr. Henry. Why are they good? Why do you like them? Do they throw meds at the problem or talk to you about it?

Dr. Sanford and others who have PhDs and not MDs are not psychiatrists. If anyone wants to get into the psychiatrist vs. psychologist is best for me debate, or tell me to use essential oils or some such nonsense, do it on another thread, please.
beefly95
I called S&W. Brown is gone. The only psychiatrist in their clinic is Melanie Barrett. Anyone have experience with her?
BeenSent
AG
Just a reminder that a good psychiatrist is not a substitute for a good psychologist. Knowing that chemicals can't fix everything, CS has very few psychiatrists taking new patients and the average of 15 minutes per patient is for checking meds - not working through life. It is really frustrating how FEW psychiatrists are available in our area that many of us have to travel to other cities!
tinybutmighty
I would highly recommend Dr. Joshua Cabrera at the Texas A&M Health Science Center's Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Clinic. He treats children as well. His office is on E. 29th Street.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.