Good children s counselor

1,898 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ro828
NashMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wanted some advice - have a 7 year old that I would like to meet with a counselor. He's having a tough time in school with some bullies, but also doesn't always tell me the truth. Anyway, I would like to find someone for him to talk to and see if we can figure out what is going on. Anyone have any recommendations for counselors psychologists that deal with kids.
DBSwooper
Dr. Jennifer Rockett.

cslifer
I hope you had a better experience than we did. She diagnosed our kid with all kinds of issues, to make a long story short another doc as well as the school district folks read her report and basically questioned if she even had a license.
TalkNerdy2Me
AG
Cheryl Mikeska at The Counseling Center was great with working through elementary bullying issues with my son. She does "play therapy" and counsels while playing GI Joes, checkers, Uno with the kids. This more casual environment definitely helped my child open up and share more easily than more formal chair-to-chair interaction.

The Counseling Center's number is 979-776-0930.
We have had several and the favorites are Dr. Cheshire at Scott and White and Adrienne Shields who offices over by St. Joe Hospital in Bryan.
NashMan
Thank you for the suggestions. I will look into them
O.G.
KIm Arredondo

Far and away the best I've ever seen.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/kim-arredondo/33/6b6/bb5
medic1969p
TAMU counseling office. Their fee is on a sliding scale based on income.
ro828
The A&M Counseling Center is great. IMHO you can't go too much on anyone's recommendation, because the big IF factor is how well your individual child is going to interact with the counselor.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.