Bar Help

7,198 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Makdaddy
Midtown SAHD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, is there any bar/grill in town that is good for a couple of "olds" to hit up for a few drinks and fun? I would like to take the wife out for a few drinks but we don't want to be the odd old couple hanging out with the college kids, so where exactly do the 40-somethings go to have a few drinks and listen to music, preferably live music?
BCStalk
Prospectors
PrincessButtercup
AG
Downtown Bryan has some good places. Prospectors was horrible when my husband and i went. Bad drinks and gross food. I always hear good things about Bryan's spots though for anyone who doesn't want to hang out with college kids.
91_Aggie
AG
Head to a The Cowboy on finfeather
BCStalk
Sorry. Didn't specify good or bad. Prospectors is hit and miss for us but I just like the maroon punch.
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:
Sorry. Didn't specify good or bad. Prospectors is hit and miss for us but I just like the maroon punch.
I only went once. It definitely seemed like a place that could have huge potential. I liked the space.
Jetty
AG
Smitty K's is great for live music, food and drink!! Live music Fri and Sat.
BCStalk
Drinks and a stabbing. Count me in
Midtown SAHD
Ok, I'm not Googling The Cowboy, that seems like a bad idea given the winky face. I'm not looking for a really formal place, just a place to have a few beers, listen to some music and talk about stuff other than the kids for an evening. Prospectors and Downtown Bryan seem like good places to start. Any other ideas? I appreciate the advice.

Ok, I lied and did in fact Google The Cowboy. It looks fun. I assumed from the winky face it was some "leather" bar or biker bar where we would unwelcome. Sorry.
BCStalk
quote:
quote:
I only went once. It definitely seemed like a place that could have huge potential. I liked the space.

It has its real good nights. The management is super nice to us which keeps going
Midtown SAHD
Yeah, drinks and stabbin is basically what I'm going for. We have jobs, so it's nice to go some place decent and spring for some good drinks and food.
PrincessButtercup
AG
I know some of the places in downtown Bryan have trivia nights, too. That can be fun if you're looking for drinks and some semi intelligent conversation.
dgonzo99
Murphy's Law in downtown Bryan is great. Kind of reminds me of how Fitzwilly's was able to draw a diverse crowd from the college student to the older retired crowd. Miss the place, but Murphy's is good too. Good drink specials. Also Downtown Uncorked if you are into the wine thing. Maybe even try The Proudest Monkey.
Midtown SAHD
Actually, Trivia sounds like a lot of fun. We love that kind of stuff. What kind of place is Murphy's Law?
PrincessButtercup
AG
Trivia is awesome. Maybe try more than one place for it, though. We went to trivia at Revolution once and didn't have the best experience. But Murphy's Law had a good one. I think Revolution does have good trivia some nights though, so maybe give it more than one chance if you're really a trivia fan.
dgonzo99
Murphy's is an authentic Irish Pub.
BCStalk
Murpheys is fun. Large bar and dining seating
BCStalk
Revolutions is a nice spot when they have the fire going outside.

Sorry for the post after a post
dgonzo99
quote:

And it's owned by the same family that owns Cenare, Cafe Capri, and Mr. G's.
Midtown SAHD
Where is Murphy's Law? I found all the others on google maps but I can't find it. I get directed to a bavarian restaurant in bryan.
BCStalk
quote:
quote:

I thought Romni owned Cafe Capri? Don't know if I spelled that right
BCStalk
quote:
Where is Murphy's Law? I found all the others on google maps but I can't find it. I get directed to a bavarian restaurant in bryan.

Half a block from William j Bryan on main
MiMi
S
quote:
It's next door to the Brauhaus Bavarian Restaurant.
dgonzo99
quote:
quote:
quote:

He is in the same family.
BCStalk
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He is in the same family.

Didn't know that. I like both Cafe Capri and Mr Gs. Didn't mean to get of topic.
SoTheySay
S
I like the bar at The Republic. Proudest Monkey is fun and casual. Revolutions - haven't been in years but used to like it! Love Downtown Uncorked.
threecatcorner
Rola Cerone (daughter) owns Revolution, and Rami (son) owns Caffe Capri. Their father Giovanni Cerone owns Mr G's, and their mother Houda Cerone runs Cenare. Giovanni and Houda Cerone own Terrazzo. So, yes, that family has lots of local restaurants.
FlyRod
The Republic. It's THE adult place for drinks in town. They usually have live music towards the end of the week.

Revolution is fun, but there is a good chance you WILL be the "odd old couple" there, as more often than not the crowd is pretty young.

EOT.
AggiePirate
AG
BJ's at the mall parking lot had olds at the bar from time to time and they fit in great with us semi olds. No mosh pit or anythng either so its nice and relaxed when you are away from the kids. And great great grandkids in your case. Come on down to BJ's yall!
jmz768
Carneys

Avoid Smitty K's, the service is awful.
halibut sinclair
You really have a bug in your rear about Smitty K's.

As far as "adult" bars go, we like Downtown Uncorked, Murphy's Law and Carney's. Benjamin Knox is also a good option on occasion. I hate to agree with Aggie Pirate, but we do like the bar at BJ's.
befitter
Republic. Best mixologists in town and grown ups.
Post removed:
by user
wareagle044
quote:
BJ's at the mall parking lot had olds at the bar from time to time and they fit in great with us semi olds. No mosh pit or anythng either so its nice and relaxed when you are away from the kids. And great great grandkids in your case. COme on down to BJ's yall!
I bet I've sat by you a time or two. I like to go there to watch sporting events. I can typically get in there, have some drinks and not worry about any hip hop music taking control of me and leading me to 2 a.m. stumbles.I don't recover as well from the 2 a.m. stumbles as i used to...
Cancelled
AG
Not sure what time they close, but Harvey Washbangers has good beer and not a lot of whippersnappers
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.