Reminder: Scouting for Food tomorrow! (Saturday, Jan 31)

1,407 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by MiMi
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't forget tomorrow morning to put your donation out for Scouting for Food! Many neighborhoods should have gotten a flyer on your door last Saturday. IF you got a flyer, please have your food out by 9:00am and the Cub Scout or Boy Scout unit assigned to your area will pick it up. If you did not get a flyer, you can donate at any HEB. Scouting for Food is part of the Superbowl of Caring.

Thanks!

quote:
A Cub Scout promises to "give goodwill" and a Boy Scout promises "to help other people at all times." There is no better way to show our Scouting Spirit than by participating in the annual Scouting for Food drive! Now is the time to show our community the Scouting values of being loyal, helpful, kind and cheerful.

On January 24 and 31, 2015, Scouts throughout the Sam Houston Area Council will help make a difference to fight hunger. Scouting for Food is the leading service program for Boy Scouts of America and is a part of the national BSA program - Good Turn for America. In partnership with the Houston Food Bank and "Souper Bowl of Caring," this council-wide service project begins Saturday, January 24, 2015 as Scouts distribute door hangers in their neighborhoods to announce the upcoming food drive. Scouts return the following Saturday, January 31, 2015 to pick up and deliver donations to their local food banks and pantries.
halibut sinclair
momlaw
AG
It is already out.
justalocal
We did not get one this year.
MiMi
S
Thanks for the reminder. I have the flyer by the coffee pot so I don't forget in the morning.
MiMi
S
It's 12:30pm and my food donation is still on the front porch - very visible from the street and with their flyer attached to the bag. Anyone know if they have collected in Castlegate yet?
halibut sinclair
They came by our house at 9:30 am but we live in Bryan.
MiMi
S
Looks like they skipped picking up on my street. This has now happened twice in the last three years. I'm not sure I'm going to put anything out next year.
BlazeHarper
MiMi send me an email and I will make sure a scout gets out to run the street.

iatefrance
AT
yahoo.com
MiMi
S
Email sent. Thank you.
fitcetera
I live in Windwood and for the second year in a row, my bag of food wasn't collected. I had it out on Friday, too!
MiMi
S
Mine was picked up about 30 min after I sent an email to Blaze Harper.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.