highdef KBTX is out of service

8,062 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LWEW
jimmyb
How long do you want to ignore this user?

The old std s0a00 error
It has been reported to SL
JGTexasRanger
Nothing new here! Had to call them last night because of another "upgrade" that knocked my internet speed down to 12M instead of the 50M they claim I get and they bill me for.
fcag
AG
I got an automated call from Suddenlink last night saying they were doing routine maintenance on their systems and that stations could disappear today. It said to power cycle everything and they should come back. I don't know if this will work or not because I don't have a box.
AggiePirate
AG
Rapier108
Big surprise. I get the s0a00 on a regular basis on CNN, Fox, TWC, and ESPN (one or more at the same time) and sometimes another channel or two. It clears after a few hours, and of course Suddenlink always tells me there is nothing wrong on their end.
jimmyb
the 'support' cycled the STBs while I was on the phone.
momtaxi
ya think the channels may have been out because of the upgrade they were doing?
jimmyb
No, not according to what they said. Considering how often i see s0a000, they should be so upgraded they are better than fios
Tailgate88
AG
DirecTV
jimmyb
Thanks but its petty crappy when it comes to internet.
woodometer
AG
If you don't have a cable box and you used to find KBTX in HD on cable on 3.1 it can now be found at 12.710. Also the CW that used to be at 3.2 is now at 12.711. This is just for Suddenlink with cable directly into your television. For some reason Suddenlink moved them. I'm guessing at some point they may put them back to 3.1 and 3.2.
HomerSimpson
I have a cable box and do not have access to any of the KBTX channels.
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
I have a cable box and do not have access to any of the KBTX channels.
But you have THIS!

Now with Suddenlink losing access to channels and service you previously had is Easier than counting to 1!
Rabbit
AG
Not a problem. I did an AutoSearch for channels on both TVs at our house, and all the high def channels reset, including 3.1 (KBTX), 3.2 (CW), 23.1 (KAGS), and 23.2 (MyTX). It took less than 10 minutes to "reboot" the channel line-up.
Rapier108
A rescan on the TV which isn't hooked to the cable box no longer shows KBTX HD or the CW (not that I care about it), not on 3.1/2 or 12.710/711. 12.1 is now KAMU-HD.

Also, KBTX HD doesn't even come through on the cable box. It is completely garbled or gives the s0a00 error. And yes, I've reset the box, twice.
Joe R
I noticed BBC America on channel 58 today.
LWEW
I'm still not receiving the HD signal for KBTX or KYLE. Anyone else having better luck?
Rapier108
quote:
I noticed BBC America on channel 58 today.
Now we can watch Star Trek TNG all day.
Rapier108
quote:
I'm still not receiving the HD signal for KBTX or KYLE. Anyone else having better luck?
Same here. Can only get it in standard def.

The cable box still gives the usual s0a00 error while the TV that is plugged directly to the cable outlet can't find it at all.
firefly1204
I just tried to get to kbtx.com and it just sends me to suddenlink. LOL
Joe R
This has to be a Suddenlink issue I can pick up both Kbtx and Kyle OTA .
jimmyb
Well, the home tech just showed. They said they had the same problem at a house in bryan just yesterday. It has to do with the channels being moved to the '12' rail and if there is the slightest amount of bleed from another channel (like KAMU12) it will cause ingress and prevent the digital channel (705-710 and 711) from being received. Looks like the main cause is older wiring. This wiring is RG59 and the current stuff they use is RG6 (thicker shielding). So, looks like SL will be rewiring the entire house.
LWEW
Thanks for the input. I went to Best Buy and bought RG6 cable to replace the RG59 cable I had. Now I can get KBTX and KYLE in HD. I would never have figured it out otherwise.
Allonym
I can't imaging why the cable would have mattered??

My home is less than 10 years old and has RG6 throughout from day 1. I could not watch KBTX HD or CW HD for the entire time this has been on mybcs. I assumed it was a suddenlink issue and didnt worry about it until tonight when I saw people posting that a cable made a difference?

I have two triple tuners (silicon dust HD HomeRuns) on my home built DVR PC.

One has the cable card and one does not. KBTX will now ONLY work on the tuner with the cable card which means it is encrypted by Suddenlink. This means the cable has no bearing on this situation at all in my house.

If you have a suddenlnk set top box then the cable card is built in.

If you have a clear QAM TV and are using the built in tuner to channel scan this channel will no longer work for you.

Whoops... OR it means that the tuner with the cable card uses the data stream for channel tuning sent over the cable and keeps up with changes and the one that doesn't have a cable card does not....

My initial rescan with the DVR software yielded nothing. However, there is a separate scan for the tuner via its software which I ran and it got the change then I re-ran the scan on my DVR software and its there with both tuners now.

Been so long since I have had to do this I had to re-read all the docs.
LWEW
I don't know what to tell you. I would scan the channels every morning since KBTX went out, and nothing. I replaced the cable, scanned again, and it came back.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.