Workout Options in BCS

5,953 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Brewmaster
Robin Sparkles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So I know there's Golds and Aerofit, but are there any other smaller gyms or workout programs that people have experience with participating in? I'm doing some shopping around and cost is a big factor, but I'm also interested in group class/workout options more so than weight machines, so any input anyone has would be much appreciated!
Max06
AG
BCS Fitness is great, albeit pricey. It's more personal training than just a gym, so it's a lot more $$ than a gym membership but a lot less than 1 on 1 personal training.

I also really like the Aggieland Fitness Dome, but they dont have a ton of classes.
Jayjay4268
AG
I go to golds myself, and love the classes they offer.

However, if you're looking for something different, I have friends that enjoy innovative fitness. I hear great things about their classes and it doesn't break the bank.
AggiePirate
AG
Theres also year round heated pools like the Bryan Aquatic Center or the TAMU Rec Center. BAC being the more secluded and cost efficient of the two.
aggiebeck
I am a huge fan of the HIIT Fit program at the 24 hour Aerofit facilities. It's a 45 minute, high intensity workout program with a trainer. The classes are typically small and they offer multiple times per day, M-F.
michellecan
Bodylab in Bryan. Best workout ever! Pricey but well worth it
BlazeHarper
jmazz
AG
http://www.rallypointfitness.com
ksp
anytime fitness. My buddy swears by them, altho I have no personal experience there.
BigRig126
AG
Planet fitness is cheap
Kbeauty63
AG
What kind of group finess? Innovative Fitness has exercise Bootcamp class throughout the day (starting at 5:30am), Zumba, yoga, etc.
bushytailed
AG
Both Gold's in town use offer the Les Mills group exercise programs. The instructors are all great. They also offer Piyo, yoga, and Zumba. I agree with the poster above that said you can easily find classes to fit your schedule between the two gyms.

Edit to add - With Gold's you don't have to pay extra to use both gyms.
redd38
AG
quote:
Planet fitness is cheap
Planet Fitness doesn't really have group classes though, just weights and cardio equipment.
Bigcat0913
AG
If you're looking for a place that offers great group workouts, check out Athletes Prime. They have adult classes throughout the day, and also offer Pilates classes.
Robin Sparkles
Wow! Thanks everyone! I will definitely be looking in to all of these options!! I am looking for a mix of cardio and weights. I used to work out consistently about two years ago at Gold's but left because of the constantly increasing rates. I switched to Aerofit and just haven't really found any instructors and/or classes that I fell in love with besides their deep water aerobics. I went to Gold's last night and nothing seems to have changed much, but I was less than thrilled with their pushy tactics to get me to sign up before I left.

I came across Piranha Fitness last night which seems to offer only classes for about $20/month. Anyone have experience with them?
iloveAP
AG
I love BCS Fitness. As said above, it's pricey, but it's also awesome, so to me it's worth it! I really enjoy the group of trainers and as well as the other clients. The workouts are tough but are always different from the last. The accountability is great as well. I definitely recommend stopping by or contacting Brad Tillery at BCS to set up a visit!

I'm also a member at Gold's and I enjoy going there too, but for different reasons as it's obviously way different from BCS Fitness. I'm a huge fan of RPM, the Les Mills cycling program, plus I love that I can go to any Gold's anywhere. Big plus for this traveler.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
quote:
quote:
Planet fitness is cheap
Planet Fitness doesn't really have group classes though, just weights and cardio equipment.

What both of them said. Cheap, and no monthly contract commitment. However, no group classes so doesn't meet your qualifications. Has what I need and I never need to wait on equipment though.
w8liftr
Title Boxing Club (in the Kohls shopping center) has some great boxing and kickboxing fitness classes. Its a great option for group training plus some weight training as well. Their 54 heavy bags help make their boxing and kickboxing classes a fast, intense interval workout.

Title Boxing Club- College Station
akaggie
AG
Piranha seems to cater to the collegiate female crowd...the one time I went it seemed like one big sorority shindig. I'm 44, so it wasn't for me.
Picadillo
Hot yoga with yoga pants....
The Grinder (99)
AG
I will be moving to the area in march. It is most practical for me to workout in the morning bf work so would prefer something close by. I'll be living in pebble creek. Any recs in south college station? A place that offered personal training would be more along the lines of something I'm interested in
Psychag
AG
Sounds like Aggieland Fitness Dome, although I would also recommend taking a look at Athlete's Prime (not sure of their group hours).
rhoswen
AG
Planet fitness doesn't have "classes" like spin or yoga, but they have individual and group training.
Kbeauty63
AG
I'd reiterate Innovative Fitness. They have several personal trainers but my favorite is Michelle. She is always researching new things related to fitness. The boot camp I do @ 5:30 am is with Michelle and no 2 days are the same. We have all levels of fitness @ boot camp. And if modifications are needed - Michelle will have one. They have several classes taught at the gym. And if you are in to running or walking - there are groups for that that meet on Tuesday & Thursday.
rsa
AG
Grinder--Aggieland Fitness Dome is convenient to the Pebble Creek area. The facilities are very good, and the trainers are wonderful. The Dome also has a solid selection of group classes throughout the day.
KAS516
Grinder - Pebble Creek Country Club has a new gym. They have also partnered with Innovative Fitness, to offer classes and personal training. Social membership is very affordable, with many other benefits.
dalejr4me
Try Brickhouse Cardio Club. First class is free. They having toning classes and zumba.
JM04
AG
Aggieland fitness dome. Swing by and let them know you are interested in their group classes. They will let you try them for free.
Brewmaster
AG
I like Snap, but they're in Bryan. Smallish weight room with weights and machines, rarely overcrowded and no contracts or sales gimmicks (aerofit)
I've been an aerofit member before and used the rec while at A&M...plus was a Y member in Austin.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.