OPEN Carry law

11,180 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ursusguy
LOYAL AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
100% for it. If I'm in public around others who are open carrying, I know who the criminal will go after first

Yes, those that aren't.
BigBubba
AG
I cautiously clicked on the link for this article thinking "here we go again" but I must say it was pleasing to see plenty of posts supporting both sides and nobody was getting ugly. Attaboy guys!

On a side note....to the OP, AlarmGuy....are you ever going to fix your website?? It has been broke for months. I clicked the link in your post that goes to your site and this is what I see:

TheAlarmGuy
do i need a web site to Care about all my customers as Human Beings or as a large national company who treats lots of folks as numbers....??
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
DBSwooper
No, but I personally see a lack of attention to your website as a lack of attention to detail. Not just for you but for everyone and businesses. Then again I have two business that depend on a significant web and social media presence to make money, so I see it as important. It is something that will turn me off from a business even if they're awesome.
The Anchor
AG
Yeah but you're really picky and weird
BigBubba
AG
TheAlarmguy - I agree with DBSwooper.

There was in indecent in my neighborhood this past summer that made me consider getting an alarm. I started researching alarm companies and everybody said "you are the best". I Googled your company to find out more but your website looked like this. Knowing you are a small business I can understand that this may happen so I emailed you to make you aware of the issue. A couple of weeks went by and you still did nothing to fix it. Now it has been 6 months.

I was very interested in getting an alarm but, as DBSwooper said, it just comes across as a lack of attention to detail. Ultimately, I decided not to get an alarm but I can 100% assure that if your website had looked professional then you could have easily sold me last summer.

Either fix your website or get rid of it. Leaving it in this broken state just looks bad and I can state for a fact you lost at least 1 customer due to it.
BlueMiles
AG
TheAlarmGuy
Thanks Big Bubba, I don't run my web page and don't have time to mess with it, so we have been looking for someone, just have not found anybody local yet to take care of it. Our phone rings plenty without it or any major advertising. If you need info on us, call us. Most prefer an up close and personal approach.

Picking a Security Company should never be about how cheap it is. My family will give you the Best Service hands down, as we service everything that we install.

If you emailed me it probably went into my spam box, because of way to much junk mail I was receiving. I was having a problem with it catching non junk mail and did not know it was doing this until just recently. I am currently in the process of trying to get this problem corrected and getting a new email address. Calling is the best way to get a hold of us. I was recently told by a customer who emailed they were happy to talk to me instead of emailing back and forth. We are not a high pressure sales company. When we visit with potential customers at their homes, we make recommendations on security equipment and the different layers of protection that are available. We let each customer decide what and how much they wish to install without making them feel pressured.

I have dedicated my life to God, Family and my Customers.. My details are on your Security not my web site or Face book page. Thank you again Big Bubba for your feed back.
techno-ag
AG
Setting up alarms, installing garage doors, plumbing, that sort of thing almost always requires calling, y'all.
halibut sinclair
Great insight techno-ag.
87IE
AG
quote:
quote:
Businesses could still post a sign prohibiting carry on their property.
The biggest problem with this is the Legislature has talked about tying it in with 30.06 which would bring 30.06 to a much larger audience. I think it'll negatively impact people to concealed carry if that does happen.

That's what I'm worried about. I haven't verified but my sister said that after open carry passed in OK the mall she went to posted whatever their version of our 30.06 and now she has to leave her pistol in the car (unless she's willing to break the law).

I support open carry but will continue to conceal mine.
The Original AG 76
AG
The various versions of open carry bills working their way thru the leg have a 30.07 sign in them. It will be an open carry prohibition version of the 30.06 which will still allow for concealed carry.
EMY92
AG
quote:
The various versions of open carry bills working their way thru the leg have a 30.07 sign in them. It will be an open carry prohibition version of the 30.06 which will still allow for concealed carry.
My fear is that many places that don't currently have a 30.06 sign will not like open carry and install both 30.06 and 30.07 signs after some of their customers are scared by someone that is carrying openly.
Picadillo
Won't change how I carry. Have often wondered if open carry was a long term ploy by the anti-gun crowd to increase the # of wack-job gun incidents and perhaps turn the debate in their favor.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
Won't change how I carry. Have often wondered if open carry was a long term ploy by the anti-gun crowd to increase the # of wack-job gun incidents and perhaps turn the debate in their favor.
You are close. The open carry "radicals" such as the Tarrant County group has almost destroyed any chance of good open carry legislation this year. Struting around the gates of the Capitol with AR and AK's hanging from their beer guts, making fools of them selves in the offices of the reps on opening ( family) day, threatening the staff of the Lt Govon and on.. has so soured the mainstream that right now open carry is on life support AT BEST in the session.
FlyRod
AKs hanging from beer guts...lol! Thanks for that delightful image before breakfast!
O.G.
quote:
quote:
You are close. The open carry "radicals" such as the Tarrant County group has almost destroyed any chance of good open carry legislation this year. Struting around the gates of the Capitol with AR and AK's hanging from their beer guts, making fools of them selves in the offices of the reps on opening ( family) day, threatening the staff of the Lt Govon and on.. has so soured the mainstream that right now open carry is on life support AT BEST in the session.
This. Those Tarrant County guys are idiots.
PhiAggie
AG
So would you feel better if they were concealed carry? Out of sight out of mind?

Idiot who owns guns (or doesn't) will do stupid things anyway.
atm86
AG
quote:
quote:
Some people are too damn stupid and shouldn't be carrying.
Completely agree.
So you are now the judge and jury? I daresay there are many people out there who are great, law-abiding citizens who don't have an Einstein IQ nor look as you want them to. This sounds like you know better than everyone else. Not so, Sherlock.

mgreen
NO.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:

When John Q. Public is out at the grocery store, they are watching their kids, buying milk etc and
typically not paying attention to what is going on around them. If they are carrying a gun odds are they are not as trained up as they think they are.
I know women who carry concealed in their purses who set them in the cart and wander off looking for something down the aisle.

Now you've got a $200 purse, with your address in it (DL), your house and car keys, your cell phone, all your cash and credit cards, AND a handgun.

Yup, you're being proactive and keeping yourself safe.

Not that this has anything to do with open carry, but your comment made me think of this.

Carry on.
O.G.
quote:
quote:

When John Q. Public is out at the grocery store, they are watching their kids, buying milk etc and
typically not paying attention to what is going on around them. If they are carrying a gun odds are they are not as trained up as they think they are.
I know women who carry concealed in their purses who set them in the cart and wander off looking for something down the aisle.

Now you've got a $200 purse, with your address in it (DL), your house and car keys, your cell phone, all your cash and credit cards, AND a handgun.

Yup, you're being proactive and keeping yourself safe.

Not that this has anything to do with open carry, but your comment made me think of this.

Carry on.

That is why I do not advocate "off body" carrying. I know that with some clothes/outfits, it is necessary, but I do not like it.
ursusguy
AG
And you had the mom last week (or week before) shot and killed by her 2-3 year old when she left her purse next to the kid in he shopping cart. Idaho of all places.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.