What does this town need (2015 version)

19,415 Views | 181 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Tanya 93
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe some local entrepreneurs will take notice.

I still stand by my usual answer.. we need an Alamo Draft House or something similar.

Also, more taco places. Preferrably ones that specialize in chicken fingers. :p
deh40
AG
Kolache Factory, James Coney Island
Jayjay4268
AG
Place to get dessert at night besides fast food (ie House of Pies)
More brunch options
Better shopping
Gabriella0713
Wine bar/appetizer places
More women's clothing stores
Kids clothing stores
FlyRod
Apparently not all suggestions are welcome on this thread...

But given the growth and all the money pouring into the area, another nice restaurant for people with money to patronize would be, well, nice.

But I am well aware of what a long shot that is.
momlaw
AG
Trader Joe's

Request Trader Joe's in Aggieland

Especially if you have specific demographics regarding student/SEC spending that does not fit the typical population stats.

I am told by a TJ's employee they have a very successful store in another SEC predominantly academic community, not sure which one.
MaysAggie2015
A French Country Wine concept with good cheeses and dining would do great. Also, the area desperately needs a good breakfast place. The breakfast options in this town are atrocious.
Gabriella0713
I totally second the Trader Joes!!!!
AgResearch
AG
MaysAggie2015
Sadly, not anytime soon. Current head of RE for them wants Houston, Austin, and the metroplex covered before looking at alternate locations. I asked one of the CBRE reps they work with about CS and he responded with a lot of numbers about an overaturated market. Not nearly the amount of disposable income needed to qualify.

Best correlation for determine if TJ will open a location is if there is a Costco within 10 miles. They use similar demographic profiles when they brings sites to committee.
mazag08
AG
quote:
A French Country Wine concept with good cheeses and dining would do great. Also, the area desperately needs a good breakfast place. The breakfast options in this town are atrocious.
Not French, but I know both uncorked and Perrine have that.
MaysAggie2015
They are in a strip center.....

That's the problem with CS. You have to recognize what you're selling, and match the ambiance. I wouldn't go to a strip center with a great view of Munson and Harvey to order a nice bottle of wine or sit outside. Think Cafe Simone in Houston.
mazag08
AG
I see what you mean.. but from first hand experience, Perrine is a great place to get what you are looking for minus the scenery. Maybe a local artist can paint them a nice mural for their windows of the French country side.
DBSwooper
quote:
The breakfast options in this town are atrocious.

You don't get out much or you're expecting a Republic experience for breakfast. Seriously, breakfast is the most fun meal in this town with incredible local options available. I would really like to know what it is you're searching for, since I don't see the need and I might have a new need I don't know about.
jmz768
Less college students.

Oh, and a Costco.
MaysAggie2015
Breakfast is terrible. Its atrocious. I get out around this town, the state, and the country. The breakfast options are terrible.

Blue Baker?
Fuego?
IHOP?
Denny's?
BlazeHarper
Roller Skating Rink
Costco
Trader Joes
Google Fiber
Enema
BCStalk
We do need a good breakfast joint. IHOP and Dennys are always to busy. I don't want to wait an hour for pancakes and I'm to lazy to cook.
DBSwooper
quote:
Breakfast is terrible. Its atrocious. I get out around this town, the state, and the country. The breakfast options are terrible.

Blue Baker?
Fuego?
IHOP?
Denny's?

Jessie's
Blue Baker
Kolache Rolf's
Torchy's Tacos
Blackwater Draw (sunday brunch)
Casa Rods
this is the short list of some of my favorites, not the entire option list...
MaysAggie2015
Blue Baker incredible? Honestly, its not even a good bakery. Look at the struggles the Austin location is having.
Torchy's incredible?...Chain Restaurant
Kolache Rolf's? Seriously...

Im still waiting for the "incredible local options available".
mazag08
AG
I always thought about opening a breakfast sandwich food truck. Homemade wheat or rye bread, homemade biscuits, or English muffin. Ham, slovacek sausage, turkey, or bacon, eggs or egg whites, multiple cheeses, choice to add roasted grilled bellpeppers or onions, different seasonings, etc.
DBSwooper
quote:
Im still waiting for the "incredible local options available".

Ok, you left off the others I listed, but please start by telling me specifically by name what restaurants we are missing for a breakfast option.
Gabriella0713
Yeah coming from a place with tons of great little breakfast places specializing in made to order omelets, etc.....sounds like none of this compares. I despise chains.
MaysAggie2015
Gets it.
MaysAggie2015
"please start by telling me specifically by name what restaurants we are missing for a breakfast option."

From what city should I start? Houston? Union Kitchen, Breakfast Klub, Taqueria La Macro, Ouisie's Table, La Guadalupana, Harry's, Fountainview Cafe, Buffalo Grille, etc....

DBSwooper
How would those compare to the others I mentioned?

Aggie@state.gov
AG
Container Store. How do they not print money in B/CS with the college kids......

I've been asking this question for 20 years.......
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Corner Bakery
2nd Jasons Deli Location
Top Golf
2nd Torchys Location
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Id say Brazilian steakhouse but thats more for me than what community can support. It often runs around $50-60/head.
ukbb2003
quote:
Corner Bakery
2nd Jasons Deli Location
Top Golf
2nd Torchys Location

If I ever win the lottery, I am building a Top Golf here. Keep your fingers crossed.
firefly1204
Indoor activities for young children and/or families with young children - bounce or trampoline place, roller skating,etc. Chuck E. Cheese is a bit too small and can get crowded and Grand Station is a bit of a place for older kids. Also places where families could eat while children play such as a Joe's Crab Shack. I know the food isn't that great but there is play equipment! Lupe Tortilla does a great business for that exact reason.
bushytailed
AG
More ladies clothing stores! We need NY&Co reopened somewhere other than the mall. Whatever happened to the Loft that was planned for the development at University and Texas?
TAMU1990
AG
A real bagel shop

Cafe Express
SoTheySay
S
Breakfast that isn't a chain:

hullabaloo
BLACKWATER Draw
Crepes and donuts from Sweet Eugene
Ozona
Fuego
Mi Familia Coco Loco
The Anchor
AG
Alamo Draft House

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.