Marco's Pizza?

16,566 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by happyinBCS
Sweet Kitten Feet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Anyone tried it yet? Thoughts?

MARCO'S
The Anchor
AG
I presume autocorrect did you in and you meant Marco's. If so, I have had several of their pizzas. The White Cheesy, The Meat Supremo, The Deluxe Uno, and regular pepperoni. They were all good. Staff is extremely nice!
dfphotos
Place wreaked of sewage on Sunday. Pizza was ok.
justalocal
Pizza wasn't bad but they took forever to get our pizza out.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
SKF, any thoughts on why Diamond Geezer thinks you and I are one in the same?

Also, have not tried Marco's but will. That location...yikes.
Ronnie Gardocki
The pizza isn't bad and we liked the crust. They are definitely learning on the job.
ShinerBlonde
AG
Our office ordered a pizza for lunch yesterday and it was good. We had the deluxe Uno with a few modifications. They said it would be 20 minutes for pickup and it was ready when I arrived after 15 minutes. Easy online ordering. We will definitely eat there again.
AggieAces06
AG
We tried it Sunday and were happy. I thought I had ordered online and got a confirmation, but when I got the to store to pick it up, my confirmation ended up being for my registration and not the pizza. I reordered at the counter and it only took about 10 minutes for the order to be done. They do need to work in training though. The girls at the front counter seemed to be pretty confused every time someone placed an order. They just didn't seem to know the computer system very well.
csnole
We ordered a pizza to go and Chicken Wings on Sunday evening - both were very good in comparison to all the other pizza joints in town. Ours came out timely, but I saw the owner offer a table a free pizza to make up for theirs taking to long to come out. (I presume) Looking forward to trying the salads and sandwiches as well.

Bunk Moreland
Pizza is good. Service, cleanliness, and operations are a mess. Place is disgusting, they are learning on the fly, and it took for freaking ever to get one medium pizza out. Wasn't even super busy either.

Employee had to ask 2 more times after me originally saying what I wanted before they put the order in.

Someone posted last week that they should have waited 2 more weeks before opening...I tend to agree. They need major training, and they need the time to clean that place up. Windows are just disgusting, and they were clearly not ready to open when they did.

But again, the pizza was good. Don't do pizza often, and since Papa Murphy's apparently never wants to move to south CS...Marco's is up there with Hungry Howie's on getting my repeat business, but for now it's going to Howies until they can get their act together over there.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Well we gave it a shot. Liked it. Pizza is definitely good. Agree about the windows, and the ordering process. Think that's just growing pains of a new place. They were friendly and everything, just still learning. Loved the cheesy bread. I like the varied menu also. Kids can get pizza, mom and dad can grab something else. ANd they are really close to our house. Definitely will be adding them to eating out options.
nwspmp
Had it at the soft opening two Sundays ago, and had some the next morning (first 50 customers to spend $50 got a card for one free pizza per month for a year) and have had it since then. The food has always been great (Pepperoni Magnifico) but I do remember the smell the one night. I went last night to pick some up for the family and it was fine then. I live the sauce type and amount (not too much to be overpowering) and definitely like the amount of cheese (lots ). I've also had the Steak Bruno sandwich; very good!
rp71
My daughter ordered a custom veggie pizza for delivery last week. It was huge compared to other pizzas and we all liked it a lot. We'll be ordering again in the future.
aggiegal99
That reminds me! I have leftovers in the fridge. We ate there last night and enjoyed it.
AggiePhil
AG
Saw them replacing the windows at Marco's yesterday.
MiMi
S
Definitely give them more time. I just tried to place an order online and could not get through the online checkout process. When I called the store to ask if the system was down, there was no answer with the first call. Waited a few minutes and tried again. Someone finally answered the phone. I was told they were having problems and a lot of online orders were messed up. I then asked if I would be able to place my order over the phone and still redeem the online coupon I had. The girl didn't have a clue and said I would have to talk to the manager. I said that would be great. She then talked to someone, came back, and said I could order over the phone. I again asked about the coupon. She said she didn't know, I had to talk to the manager, and that they was really busy. At that point, I knew I would be better off getting dinner elsewhere. Sounds like they cannot handle a busy night.
justalocal
Yes, they were very busy tonight. I had to park over at the bank. I called in my order and when I showed up, and asked the crowd if they were in line I was told they are all waiting for their pizza. The wait per a few of the other patrons was 47 minutes and counting. Unfortunately, they couldn't find my order and searched for about 15 minutes. Manager came and told me they could put another order in and it would be 25-35 more minutes. No thanks, went to Little Cesar's instead.
MiMi
S
quote:
No thanks, went to Little Cesar's instead.
We ordered Pizza Hut instead. $11 for any large pizza was an excellent deal and the order was delivered in 30 minutes. We'll wait a few weeks and then try Marco's on a weeknight.
ksp
Pizza Hut has gone downhill since they lowered their prices. Done with them. Been doing pappa John's, but still need better options.
aggiewrench
Tried 3 times to use the website. Always says "your order has not been placed"

3 opportunities missed. Wonder how many others are having similar experiences?
montegobay
We tried for 30 minutes to order online Sunday night. Finally gave up and ordered somewhere else. We are smart people.

MiMi
S
quote:
Wonder how many others are having similar experiences?
Same problem I had last week. They really need to get it together. I would still like to give their pizza a try.
KidDoc
AG
Ordered delivery from them and it was very good. $2.50 delivery charge but arrived on time and hot.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Baseball32
Order 3 pizzas online received the conformation email. Waited 20 minutes, drove by there on the way home to pick up pizza and the girl taking orders and the manager both looked at me like it was never ordered. Showed manager conformation email he said we never received it. Told me he would put our pizzas in front of the line but would be another 30 minutes or so. Thanks but no thanks we walked. Maybe give it another try later.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Sounds like lots of issues with online ordering. I wonder if people who call in have the same problems. I've eaten in twice and haven't had any problems getting our food quickly and correctly. I hope this place can get the online ordering figured out. We prefer to order online also and pick up after work. I really like their pizza.
AggiePhil
AG
Call-in orders have been experiencing a whole other set of problems. Issues abound, hopefully they get it sorted out soon.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I believe my sister-in-law tried to place our order online and spent 10-15 minutes before giving up and calling it in.

That said, the pizza was ready when we got there and was honestly very good. Hopefully, they'll get these bugs worked out because it's pretty good pizza.
anonymousaggie
It is okay. Another overly priced pizza chain..
NellCote71
Not good pizza. Dirty premises. Water spigot in drink machine is not water but some sugary crap. Need a decent pizza joint in South CS. Blue Baker will put them out of business.
PS3D
quote:
Not good pizza. Dirty premises. Water spigot in drink machine is not water but some sugary crap. Need a decent pizza joint in South CS. Blue Baker will put them out of business.

No, they won't. Either way, you guys are going to get your very own Little Caesars.
jimmyb
see my 2/4 8:51 p.m. post at

http://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2585403/replies/42233167
aggiewrench
Called last night for delivery.

Was told "they aren't doing delivery right now".

Unbelievable
betas2000
AG
I was just told "Sorry can't take your order because we ran out of cheese"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fishngame06
AG
They had 2 strikes on back to back days for us.

On Friday for lunch I go there with a few guys and half of us order pizza and the other half order subs including me. The pizza comes out in decent time (15-20 mins). The subs on the other hand took an hour after multiple apologies and saying they were having computer malfunctions. I didn't see the manager there and there was no peace offerings...

My wife called a pizza around 5pm and placed a delivery order on Saturday. They quoted 45 minutes delivery. At 7pm, nothing, and when we called there was no explanation, we couldn't even speak to a manager, and they said he would call us. At 8pm, the poor delivery guy called us and said he would be there in 20min. We said to forget it because we already went and picked up Fuego's. Poor delivery guy was very apologetic and almost scared...probably was having a rough night due to store issues.

40 hrs later and the manager still has yet to call us back...
ksp
Give me and F
Give me an A
Give me an I.......
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.