How do we get a traffic light installed (Barron and Alexandria)

10,048 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by PS3D
Stucco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cars get us places too fast, we should all walk.
SARATOGA
I will agree they need to cut back (REMOVE) the bushes so you can see...
Magic Mike
A light will be installed once a car load of children gets killed at that intersection. Until then, nothing will happen.
taxpreparer
AG
Contact the city traffic engineer, explain your concerns, and request a traffic count study. If the light is warranted, they will eventually put one in. It may be needed, or it may just be your perception is that one is needed.
ksp
Don't forget 40 and victoria, think of the castle gaters!!!!
Baseball32
[If we remove it, don't post it again. If you can't refrain from using insulting terms when you post your opinion, find another forum. It's that simple. -Staff]
Baseball32
[Ok. -Staff]

[Your ban is not for what you posted. It is for ignoring that warning. -Staff]
Allonym
I go through that intersection often and I have seen it in morning dropping my kid off to go to school at the HS.

I understand the desire to do this but I have to ask you one question. You are asking for a light for YOU and your fellow residents to cross the road. Do you also cuss the 5 other lights on that road at all the other neighborhoods entrances/exist while traversing up or down fitch?

Soon enough the quick bypass will be filled with special interest traffic lights and it won't be so quick anymore :/
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
I mentioned this would be a problem to a city council member BEFORE the high school opened. I suggested a 4 way stop. He had the road planner email me so I told him my concerns and the email response I got back was that stop signs are not used to control the flow of traffic. SAY WHAT??? I gave up.

But now that its a reality, I would sign a petition for a stop sign or light to go up. People fly down Barron to get to Hwy 6.

Maybe we can get TLIAC to get the CSPD to put a bike cop there monitoring speeds for a week or two
Yes. Lets all ban together and get more speed traps out there during the morning commute. I say one on every corner, or camera's or remote cell towers that track our GPS and get our speed from that. Glances at Booneville Kroger......
Post removed:
by user
PS3D
No stoplight needed until Southern Plantation is connected to Victoria.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.