Roses and yet tons of roses

4,049 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by fcag
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone into roses?

I need to get about thrity this year.. Normally a potted rose is $25-40 each..

I found a place that sells them bare root for $19.95.. And they are Weeks Roses... So good ones...

However... I called weeks and found out I can buy em wholsale for about $4-$7 each.. But then I need a minimum of 100 roses.. And that's more than even I can handle..

So.. If anyone wants it get a group order together, let me know ASAP...

But you would have to want at least five to ten... And I believe they can be a mix of whatever.. You can go to weeks roses.com or regansnursery.com and check out the roses... And I would have to have 50% down so I can pay them..

Anyone interested?

firefly1204
How much is shipping?
fcag
AG
I could be in for 10-20. You have my contact info.
studioone
Rep said probably around $100... For shipping..
momlaw
AG
Weeks 2015 Catalog

Can we select which varieties or will there be limitations?
FlyRod
Just an FYI Antique Rose Emporium is having a sale where the normally $19.95 roses are $12.95, if you wish to use them instead.
studioone
i don't think you can beat the 4-7$... and they only sell itty bitty antique roses... this is for every type of rose..
FlyRod
Ah my bad, I just re-read that part. Great find then.
ksp
I could get 5 Darren if that helps any
studioone
i think you can pick whatever u want... ill check later...
studioone
just got in touch with the rep... have to order in sets of 5..

so I'm getting 5 george burns, 5 scentamentals, 10 something white not sure what, 5 first prize, and one or two others...

however.. please email me at darrin@avalonweddingsbcs.com so i can send you the price list and availability of what types... and please do so soon..

AgResearch
AG
One recommendation for people is 'Oklahoma'. Very scented, does well locally, and nearly maroon in color. We're going to attempt growing it much further north with lots of winter TLC (straw and foam insulation)

If I were still in the area, I'd be all over this. We just ordered ~10 from Regan Nursery for spring delivery.
momlaw
AG
Oklahoma: "nearly maroon" - what is the variation?

thanks
AgResearch
AG
I'd call it dark, velvety red to maroon. It's not Valentines day red, darker than that. Not a true "Aggie Maroon" in color but a very attactive dark red.

See examples below of the color variation.
AgResearch
AG

studioone
agresearch - i was gonna order from regan's but weeks is where regan gets their roses from..

remember - oklahoma is a hybrid tea... hybrid teas don't do well in general here cause they are huge... and we are so humid,... the combination makes for a lot of fungus... my white hybrid teas are usually brown and some of my teas will have their flowers rot... i just have to spray a LOT of fungicides...

anyone wanting to order, do so now or forever hold your peace...

Email for price list and availability.

fcag
AG
Just sent you an email.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.