Pick up Basketball

2,226 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 2001AggieDJ
kill0509
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Getting the itch to play some basketball again. Did some searches but almost everything that popped up were from other boards and not from the Aggieland Board. All of the buddies that I used to play with in college have moved off as they have gotten jobs and I was the one who got a job in College Station. Don't get me wrong, I love living here but just curious as to if there are some consistent options for getting to play without having to go to the Rec. I mean, a yearly membership at the Rec is $500 just to play some pickup games for a non student. There has to be some better, and more reasonable, options. TIA
gb2074
AG
I'm class of 99 and I have stuck around since graduating. One of the best things that ever happened to me is I found a regular pickup game. It's an invite only game which doesn't help you but it's been mostly the same guys playing since we started. I'm getting old now but so are all the guys I'm playing with. I would tell you to try to find something like that or start finding a few guys at a time and have a game like that. We play once a week and there are about 20-25 guys on the email list. The first 15 to confirm are in the game that night. If your number 16 you are SOL. If you can find a game like that, you will really enjoy it. Pm me your email and if we are ever light on numbers, which happens occasionally, I will email you. That is if you want to play with a bunch of guys in their late 30s.
kill0509
AG
GB, Bring it on! I'm 27 which in this college town makes me feel ancient sometimes. So, just being able to get in some weekly activities would be nice. PM sent
lockett93
AG
Fumc Bryan has open play Monday nights 7;30 to 9:30. $2 donation to men's ministry per night.

Search Facebook for Fumc basketball.
Gigemaggies123
I work out at aggie land fitness dome and there's always pick up games
BusAg
AG
Would also be interested as well
2001AggieDJ
AG
The FUMC Bryan game was actually started on this board as a Frail & Pail pickup game, and has evolved into a really great "accidental" ministry. Some of the players can be on the young side, but they all understand that this game is a privilege, not a right.

They are playing tonight, and here is the link to the facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/286781091213/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.