Shipwreck Grill

9,717 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ksp
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KidDoc
AG
We had our first meal since moving @ Shipwrecked on a hella cold night since moving here 3 weeks ago. The food and service and price were AWESOME! I loved my plate & the drinks but holy crap it was COLD in there. That place is not built for cold weather and the wind through the doors was brutal and the heater could not keep up in any way.

I fully intend to come here often as I love affordable cajun food, but not when there is a cold north wind or the temperature outside is below 50 degrees.

And no we were not seated outdoors, this was inside.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
We used to go weekly. When Meredith left, it seemed like everything went downhill and we stopped going.

I always went for the atmosphere, as the actual food is nothing special.
Tanya 93
Didn't work for me. So we never went back after the third consecutive bad meal and service.
Cancelled
AG
I've been several times and I have no complaints
BCStalk
I've never been and have no praise or complaint. Yet I will prolly still try it one day with absolutely no memory of this thread. Sorry but everyone has their own tastes, which means your opinions have absolutely no effect on most people. So why bash a resturaunt? Bored, lonely, maybe a little of both? Give it a rest.
Ric Clark
I just left there. They had a minor issue in the kitchen and my server, Allie, let me know when I ordered. She was on the spot when the food was ready. Had some great chips/salsa and ice tea while I waited for the food which only took less than 15 minutes.

The food, service, and server (Allie) were OUTSTANDING....

Thanks and Gig em...
TXAggie1976
AG
Our family loves Shipwreck and favorite date place, Amico Nave. We like the laid back feel at Shipwreck and the fact that you can take your dog on the patio. I always have boiled shrimp and oysters. I only wish that they had a better beer selection.

Amico Nave has wonderful salmon, salads, pizza, and pasta. Their oysters are to die for.

We have never been in either place when the owners, Mike, Blake, or another manager aren't on site. When I have had concerns they were met professionally and handled with a smile.
BCStalk
NO! That's not the way this works. You don't tell the management about your complaints. The correct action is to run straight to the Internet and cry like a child. Get it right next time. Thanks
FlyRod
Its good to talk to management, I think we all agree.

However, I also think its fine to come to a forum and perhaps politely ask if others have had similar experiences as you, just to establish if there is a pattern or not.
Tanya 93
quote:
NO! That's not the way this works. You don't tell the management about your complaints. The correct action is to run straight to the Internet and cry like a child. Get it right next time. Thanks
I didn't do that.

I had three separate meals where there were problems.
The manager said I will look into it.

How does that change my son being given something he is allergic to?
BCStalk
So it is the resturaunts fault for something your son is allergic to...go on. I have a food allergy as well and have been served it accidentally hundreds of times. It happens.
techno-ag
AG
Tanya doesn't live in Texas anymore, anyway.
Tanya 93
quote:
So it is the resturaunts fault for something your son is allergic to...go on. I have a food allergy as well and have been served it accidentally hundreds of times. It happens.
It is when we said to serve it without the allergic ingredient.
BCStalk
If I order something that comes with something I am allergic to its on me to take that chance. If I am that concerned about it then I order something that doesn't contain that ingredient. Responsibility is on me, not the kitchen who will make mistakes not because of carelessness, but possibly because EVERYONE makes mistakes at work.
Tanya 93
quote:
If I order something that comes with something I am allergic to its on me to take that chance. If I am that concerned about it then I order something that doesn't contain that ingredient. Responsibility is on me, not the kitchen who will make mistakes not because of carelessness, but possibly because EVERYONE makes mistakes at work.
We sent it back.
They didn't remake me the meal.

That is my issue.

And then they said since he ate some of the fries waiting for them to come back, they couldn't take the meal off. It was the last straw.

But yeah. We are the problem. Amazing how almost no other place in town had problems accommodating the request.
FlyRod
Sounds like another great "Tales from the BSC" saga.
BCStalk
Key word "tales"
Tanya 93
quote:
Key word "tales"
Yes, like everyone that had wonderful service with never any problems.
Stucco
quote:
3) since he has a huge following I would not expect him to change to satisfy one person , I would expect him to stick with what has worked so far for him. hence why it would be a waste of time for him and me.
They aren't going to change the menu or food supplier based on one comment. But if it is the 10th person to say the same thing about a specific dish then they know they need to change/upgrade/remove/caution... That's why you tell the manager.
jja79
AG
There are several restaurants with the same concept in the Houston area (Captain Tom's near Willowbrook and Playa Azul in Montgomery to name just two). Go to one of them and you'll see where Shipwreck comes up short.

But they seem to have a clientele happy with the product and service so maybe they don't need to change a thing.
ksp
quote:
quote:
3) since he has a huge following I would not expect him to change to satisfy one person , I would expect him to stick with what has worked so far for him. hence why it would be a waste of time for him and me.
They aren't going to change the menu or food supplier based on one comment. But if it is the 10th person to say the same thing about a specific dish then they know they need to change/upgrade/remove/caution... That's why you tell the manager.
Thx for putting words in my thoughts! I never said it was one dish, I never said it was two dishes or or three or even four. Each time I went with a family of four and each had different items. Being a new place we sampled each others. It just isn't there for me or my families palate. My stand behind my statement as telling Wade is a complete waste of time.

What he has is working and working well. It just isn't for my family. I am OK with that, I am quite sure Wade is, now it is time you got on board and have it be OK with you. It will be OK. Promise.

Man with all the know it all people on here, I am quite surprised there are not more consultants companies in this town. You guys know it all!
Scruffy
AG
quote:
Sounds like another great "Tales from the BSC" saga.

Who's going to be the "crypt keeper"?
FlyRod
On the General Board, that person is Tanya IIRC.

Tanya you should have taken some of those "BSC moms" you enjoy berating so much, so you could have some entertainment during your bad disappointing dining experiences.
Tanya 93
quote:
On the General Board, that person is Tanya IIRC.

Tanya you should have taken some of those "BSC moms" you enjoy berating so much, so you could have some entertainment during your bad disappointing dining experiences.
Yes.

I should pay for a chicken sandwich for my son that came with a bun, when we said no bun because the kid's burgers had fillers in the meat and he needed just the grilled chicken, to support a local business.

They took his plate back, removed the bun, and brought it back. Gluten was still on the chicken.
Sure, we could have ordered the grilled chicken plate, but this was cheaper and they saved money had they not given the bun or veggies.

And the manager didn't give a **** my son couldn't eat what we asked for and were willing to pay for.

But yeah, I am bad for not loving a place that ****ed my son over twice and us once. And we did go to management.
Stucco
quote:
quote:
quote:
Thx for putting words in my thoughts! I never said it was one dish, I never said it was two dishes or or three or even four. Each time I went with a family of four and each had different items. Being a new place we sampled each others. It just isn't there for me or my families palate. My stand behind my statement as telling Wade is a complete waste of time.

What he has is working and working well. It just isn't for my family. I am OK with that, I am quite sure Wade is, now it is time you got on board and have it be OK with you. It will be OK. Promise.

Man with all the know it all people on here, I am quite surprised there are not more consultants companies in this town. You guys know it all!
I'm not a mindreader, but regardless, I wasn't trolling. I contributed to the conversation.
originaltexan
Going to Amico this week for pizza. It is good!
ksp
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm not a mindreader, but regardless, I wasn't trolling. I contributed to the conversation.
didn't think that, just don't see how me telling wade or any other manager would be of any use. but chillaxing sound quite good!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.