Christopher's for engagement dinner

4,097 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by The Anchor
wulfman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would this be a good place to pop the question ? Do they do anything special if you tell them ahead of time?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Y'all ever eaten there? Do you like it? Then probably a good place.

Call and ask manager if you'd like to arrange something special.
FlyRod
It's a good place for this, OP. I'd give them a little advance notice re the special thing arrangements as they can be pretty busy. And congratulations!
Aggie
AG
You better make sure the answer is yes before asking in a crowded restaurant.

Also make sure that's a setting your girl and you will be comfortable with.. Remember there will be complete strangers sitting just a few feet away from you and no doubt notice what is going on thus basically watching your proposal like they were watching a movie.
MaysAggie2015
We did it and it was great. You can call before and get a private table/reserve the room on the left when you enter.
wulfman
Already have a reservation. I'll call and talk to the place.
Sweet kitten we have and we do.
Redd38 guess you will have to wait and see lol
The Anchor
AG
You're asking for opinions, so I will give you mine. My answer is no. You're asking for her hand in marriage. Do it somewhere private where yall can celebrate it in peace. Not in a restaurant with a bunch of strangers.

Eta- go there afterwards for a nice celebration dinner
FlyRod
The Anchor, is it possible they can get a quiet, private corner of the place? I've seen people do this. But I agree about the concerns re lots of strangers around.
Stucco
Depends on the girl. You know her best.

Just ask her father first. He's been waiting for that question his whole life.
wulfman
Already asked and got the ok
CS78
Just my opinion but skip the engagement dinner and come up with something original that pertains to yall specifically. Reminds of a chick flick where a restaurant in town existed solely for engagement dinners.
SoTheySay
S
Agreed - celebratory dinner AFTER.
RXAggie02
AG
At Christopher's is fine naysayers are gonna nay. Just make it seem like another night out although Be it a bit nicer. I proposed in a restaurant and I cannot even remember other people being there Bc we were so intent on eachother during our moment. It's your heart and feeling, not Texags.

Congrats!
samag
Wolfman,

Just ask for the "Fireplace Table" in the "Living Room." Wife and I (married 50 years) have had many wonderful evenings there and it would be private enough for this event.

Good luck! Hope you have the same luck I have.

OnlyANobody
quote:

Just ask for the "Fireplace Table" in the "Living Room." Wife and I (married 50 years) have had many wonderful evenings there and it would be private enough for this event.

Our favorite table.
O.G.
quote:

Just ask her father first. He's been waiting for that question his whole life.
.....No, he hasn't......
RXAggie02
AG
Congrats! Was it last night? I saw some pics on facebook!
wulfman
Actually I did it somewhere else that incorporated things that we enjoy. So was totally surprised. We will be doing a dinner at Christopher's another evening in February.
The Anchor
AG
Congrats!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.