What's this about a major physician change at Affiliates for Women's Health?

7,704 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by justalocal
Roc96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dr. Gayle leaving the practice, or something like that. He's overseen/delivered two of my kids.
wilddaizy
Dr Gayle was at Advanced OB/GYNO, he left Affiliates a while back. Check out his fb page for info.
vicky
Dr. Gayle has not been with Affiliates for Women's Health for years. Why has he been removed from Advanced. . .his new venture?
cslifer
It is correct he has not been with affiliates for several years. I have heard from several folks that the split from his recent partner was not amicable or pleasant in any way shape or form. Though from having dealt with him both personally and professionally that is not a shock at all...
justalocal
quote:
Though from having dealt with him professionally that is not a shock at all...
Agreed.
Turtle88
AG
I received a letter from Dr Gayle yesterday that he is only going to see obstetric patients now. I have to find a new doctor. This is really upsetting to me. My appointment was next month for my yearly exam, hope I can get into a new oby/gyn doctor in next couple of months.
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:

To my patients & friends:I know the last 24 hours have created a whirlwind of questions and doubt. For that I apologize. Because of recent events, I will no longer be practicing at Advanced Ob/Gyn.
My concerns for the care and well being of my patients placed me in direct conflict with my corporate partner. My departure is immediate. I will still continue to practice medicine in B/CS and WILL NOT be leaving town. If you would like to continue care with me, you may request your records. I will instruct my patients via Facebook and my personal website on how to contact me. I greatly appreciate the kind messages, words of encouragement and prayers. God works in amazing and wonderful ways.
All of this will work out for the very best.
Sincerely,
From his fb page. Draaaama.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
It is correct he has not been with affiliates for several years. I have heard from several folks that the split from his recent partner was not amicable or pleasant in any way shape or form. Though from having dealt with him both personally and professionally that is not a shock at all...
+3
GoneGirl
AG
Ha, that's interesting. I just went to their website to see if Dr. Smith was still with them (he's the best!), and my virus scanner blocked the page for a trojan virus.
CrottyKid
AG
I always found Dr. Gayle to be personable and easy to deal with. Funny that others would have such a different take.
PrincessButtercup
AG
gibby03
AG
There's always two sides to every story but the side that was relayed to my wife and I is one that is starting to become very clear as true. My wife is 6 months pregnant and Dr. Gayle delivered our first child as well, needless to say we will follow him wherever he ends up.

All I can say is, the process it has taken to communicate and deal with Advanced OBGYN, has been tiresome and frustrating to say the least. They are dragging their feet and not being completely truthful in what they say and in what they write in letters. They have contradicted themselves numerous times as well from one conversation to the next and to both my wife and I.

I'm not saying they are intentionally trying to come across as unprofessional, but it's sure looking that way. Needless to say my wife was a patient there, not because it was Advanced OBGYN but because that's where Dr. Gayle was employed and that will change now.
vicky
Elsie, I don't believe Dr. Smith was ever a part of "Dr. Gayle's " practice. Dr. Smith was and is with Affiliates for Women's Health. This group has a number of doctors.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
Elsie, I don't believe Dr. Smith was ever a part of "Dr. Gayle's " practice. Dr. Smith was and is with Affiliates for Women's Health. This group has a number of doctors.
They were both at Affiliates when I had my kids. And for clarification, it was Affiliates' web page that I got the virus notification from.
EVA3
AG
I'm curious as to what happened as well. I've always had good dealings with Dr. Gayle. I believe it's highly likely that my beautiful eight month old son would not have been carried to term had we used another obstetrician.
gibby03
AG
quote:
I'm curious as to what happened as well. I've always had good dealings with Dr. Gayle. I believe it's highly likely that my beautiful eight month old son would not have been carried to term had we used another obstetrician.

Here's a brief synopsis without detail because I'm sure people who need to know already know.

Basically, it boils down to Dr. Gayle didn't agree on some things on how Advanced OB/GYN ran things, requested things and treated some of their patients. It started out as a disagreement on how things should be run. When he went in to give his notification that he was done they reacted pretty harshly and now he no longer works there in a very short amount of time.
cslifer
To fill in a few of the details the above poster left out....he had the attitude that if you didn't 100 percent agree with him you were wrong. They also strongly disagreed with yelling/cursing at nursing staff ect. The poor behavior escalated to the point they actually had to change the locks, which no matter what anyone tells you was done prior to him "giving his notification". He was fired plain and simple.
SumAggie
my daughter would rather see a witch doctor or a veterinarian than him. Worst experience EVER.
gibby03
AG
This is amazing. I'm honestly shocked how you could have 200+ people ready to drop everything and go wherever he goes.

And then have so many people who don't give a rats ass. That's incredible to me there's such a difference.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Well he obviously has good and bad days. Seems like he was great if you got the former and a nightmare if you didn't.
justalocal
I know more people that have had bad experiences rather than good. My experience with him was 12+ years ago when he was at Affiliates. Let's just say he couldn't fix an issues and was ticked off when I said I was getting a second opinion and they became arses to deal with after that. Since leaving his office, my issue was fixed and I've had no issues since.

There are many doctors that have followers so I wouldn't put too much stock in that.
PrincessButtercup
AG
I know I wouldn't want to risk getting him on a bad day if I were pregnant and looking for a doc.
gibby03
AG
Like I seriosily don't get it. Yall are talking Jekyll and Hyde type stuff.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Well look at his online reviews. You'll see a bunch of people actually did compare him to Jekyll/Hyde.
justalocal
And I'll also mention that I got to witness his rudeness to staff at the med back in November. I'm not sure if he realized that people were in a room nearby or he didn't care.

So if he moved to Lubbock, you think those 200 people would follow? And how do you know there are 200? I have a FB friend that likes his page but she is a Meduna patient.
RXAggie02
AG
All personal experience.... edited.

Short version: Seen him been extermely rude.... Seen him be the best doctor one can be. We can all try to specualte why hes leaving, but doesn't matter.
gibby03
AG
So it sounds like he may have issues with hospital staff? I have it on pretty good authority that his staff in his office will move with him. That doesn't seem to be a staff that is being abused if they choose to go with him. Interesting stuff and like I said the first post, there are always two sides to the story.
understandingmom
quote:
So it sounds like he may have issues with hospital staff? I have it on pretty good authority that his staff in his office will move with him. That doesn't seem to be a staff that is being abused if they choose to go with him. Interesting stuff and like I said the first post, there are always two sides to the story.

If his staff has been with him for awhile, they are past that stage and ok with it. In my experience most of the time when staff is treated like stated above they will back down into their assigned lesser role, get over it, respect the doctor, and treat him as king OR raise a ruckus, never respect him, look for a new job, or get fired.
I have never seen Dr. Gayle as a patient nor do I know him personally. I wish him well.
What I do suspect is that lots of his patients will have a change of plans soon. It is HARD to operate a practice today and I'm thinking near impossible to switch to a new practice from scratch immediately and not miss a beat. It is unfortunate any of this has happened.
RafterAg223
AG
My wife has had 2 children delivered by Dr. Gayle. I have never found him to be anything but professional, thorough, honest, and sincere. My father ran a very successful and respected OBGYN practice in Dallas for nearly 30 years. Dr. Gayle never had issue with me asking or pitching ideas at him that my father suggested during the course of my wife's care. He is in a profession that works extremely long hours, is extremely stressful, and sees more law suits than just about any other field of professional work. The best of doctors out there have been known to snap at a nursing staff or be short with a patient from time to time. There has only ever been one physician to walk on water. Things tend to happen when you have sometimes been up for 48 hours straight and have seen your family a total of a few hours in a week long period.

As others have said, there are 2 sides to every story, but my family and others we know have never had a negative thing to say about the man. In fact we switched to him years ago because of sub standard care from another OB group in B/CS that shall remain nameless. I've never been a believer in tearing down anyone's reputation from behind a keyboard.
gibby03
AG
quote:
My wife has had 2 children delivered by Dr. Gayle. I have never found him to be anything but professional, thorough, honest, and sincere. My father ran a very successful and respected OBGYN practice in Dallas for nearly 30 years. Dr. Gayle never had issue with me asking or pitching ideas at him that my father suggested during the course of my wife's care. He is in a profession that works extremely long hours, is extremely stressful, and sees more law suits than just about any other field of professional work. The best of doctors out there have been known to snap at a nursing staff or be short with a patient from time to time. There has only ever been one physician to walk on water. Things tend to happen when you have sometimes been up for 48 hours straight and have seen your family a total of a few hours in a week long period.

As others have said, there are 2 sides to every story, but my family and others we know have never had a negative thing to say about the man. In fact we switched to him years ago because of sub standard care from another OB group in B/CS that shall remain nameless. I've never been a believer in tearing down anyone's reputation from behind a keyboard.
Agreed
RXAggie02
AG
quote:

sees more law suits than just about any other field of professional work

People definitly jump to suing quickly anymore. I have looked at the numbers myself in the past and OBGYN is definitly a main target. Obviously, because youre basically dealing with someones baby. Even if things are out of the hands of a doctor, unfortunatly our legal system can turn that back on them.

No doubt all you said about is spot on.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
I've never been a believer in tearing down anyone's reputation from behind a keyboard.

Amen.
justalocal
His practice is a business. He provides a service. I think sometimes doctors forget that. This thread isn't really any different than posting opinions regarding a restaurant, cleaning service, daycare, etc. There are plenty of those on this board.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.