Girl Scout Cookies, I NEED THEM!

5,809 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by The Anchor
MsC2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When you're selling them and would come to my office I need some Samoas!!

cgirl2024 at gmail dot com

If you give me a heads up, I can ask other people at my office!
91_Aggie
AG
FYI. Keebler sells cookies that are exact replica of Girl Scout cookies year round.

I know it's a fundraiser, but you don't have to wait.
MsC2012
AG
That's true but I didn't like how their version of the Samoas tasted. Maybe I'm weird. But thanks for that tip
momlaw
AG
Recipe for Samoa Brownies
BCSMom
We will have a TON of them! I have 2 in Girl Scouts! I emailed you!
jrhmc
AG
Way to beat me to it, BCSMom. We'll all be selling starting Jan. 21.
newsjunkie
jrhmc: you can email me, then cycofficemanager@aol.com I'll ask around the offices as well! But I'm after the Thin Mints!
Bearkat272
Keebler is no Girl Scouts - I don't support all the crazy name changes but amazing cookies
The Anchor
AG
quote:
FYI. Keebler s ellsi feelcookies that are exact replica of Girl Scout cookies year round.

Where's the fun in that? When the girl scouts knock on my door I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning!!!!
Capt.Starbuck
Please know that the local sales in BCS do not start until Jan. 21st Any girls caught pre-selling cookies can not only get in trouble herself, but her whole troop could get in trouble and be banned from selling any cookies, thus lose out on a lot of potential money.
jrhmc
AG
I'll second that. No sales until the 21st and cookies are $4 per box or $5 for the new gluten-free. Let us know if someone is trying to sell for more. Also, please try to buy from the girls not the parents. The sale is about teaching the girls the 5 skills: Goal Setting, Decision Making, Money Management, People Skills, and Business Ethics. If parents do all of the selling, the girls miss the point of the sale although I know it is sometimes hard to do. I'll have my daughter contacting customers starting on Jan. 21.
EMY92
AG
quote:
FYI. Keebler sells cookies that are exact replica of Girl Scout cookies year round.

They're not as good.

Grasshoppers are good, but pale in comparison to GS Thin Mints.
O.G.
quote:

Obvious Communist plot to undermine America!!!

Samoas and Thin Mints or get out!
AggiePirate
AG
Tariny
If you have a daughter in Girl Scouts and are going to be selling cookies at a location, please post when and where (after the 21st of course). No one in my office will be selling them, and I don't know anyone else who does.

I tend to go overboard when it comes to Girl Scout cookies, so letting me know where I can feed my addiction will probably pay off for your troop. My husband calls my yearly haul a stockpile, but he always helps in the elimination of said stockpile :p
PrincessButtercup
AG
I read this thread before bed last night and had a really weird dream involving murders over Girl Scout cookies.
bryanisbetter
Post the website please
AggiePirate
AG
What channel also.
birdnerd
Saw a friend's kid is selling them for $3.50 a box in Austin. Why $4 here?
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
Saw a friend's kid is selling them for $3.50 a box in Austin. Why $4 here?

FYI real estate is cheaper there too.
jrhmc
AG
Since we're part of the Austin council, the friend's kid shouldn't be selling them until Jan. 21st either. And the council sets the price. Here's a pic to show you where the money goes. There's no way we could sell them cheaper since that would cut out the money that the girls get to decide how to use.

jrhmc
AG
Also, there's not really a website where you can purchase cookies. Our council (Central Texas) decided not to participate in the online sales pilot program. Find a Girl Scout you know next week or wait until Jan. 29 when you'll see girls selling in front of Walmart, Kroger, Sam's, and HEB on Thurs., Fri., Sat., and Sun. evenings until March 1.
The Anchor
AG
I need some today. Anyone in SCS near Alexandria/Eagle?
jrhmc
AG
I'm just around the corner. When do you want them? We have a break at lunch from our school schedule and I can bring her by if you want them early. Otherwise it'll be after 3:30.
The Anchor
AG
Lunch works. Thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.