Anyone have access to a drone with a camera?

3,165 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by studioone
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have access to a drone with a camera? I have a photo I'm going to need in a couple of weeks that requires height..

will trade you some honey or a photo session or something
O.G.
My buddy Chris did at one time have a drone, not sure if he still does.

http://www.delightstudio.com/
91_Aggie
AG
quote:

and i don't have the spare time to type all this..

Your posting history here would seem to contradict this.
DBSwooper
In terms of the FAA pilots taking things in trade, like free flight time, for services constitutes a commercial operation and requires a commercial ticket.

My experience with the FAA is they have even less humor than the TSA and enjoy screwing people over.
labmansid
I can do it, depending on my work schedule.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
In terms of the FAA pilots taking things in trade, like free flight time, for services constitutes a commercial operation and requires a commercial ticket.

My experience with the FAA is they have even less humor than the TSA and enjoy screwing people over.

Drones are treated like remote controlled airplanes by the FAA in these instances, though. As long as they stay at low altitudes, no problem.
Mr. Griswold
So drones can't be used for commercial purposes? Hmmmm, interesting since I know of multiple construction companies who use them on a daily basis to take footage of job sites and send them to the clients. Sounds like commercial use to me.
DBSwooper
quote:
Drones are treated like remote controlled airplanes by the FAA in these instances, though. As long as they stay at low altitudes, no problem.

*sort of*

Except that the FAA has specifically ruled that commercial use is specifically forbidden, there is supposed to be a formal ruling on it this year, though. At least that is when they have been mandated to do so. It is one of those things that if they don't find out it is no big deal, but if something goes wrong, like the drone interferes with a low flying GA or crashes causing damage or injury, then the drone operator can face some serious charges. There have been a couple instances of this happening in the past 12 months.
labmansid
The FAA's position is that commercial use of drones is illegal, unless specific permission has been granted by the FAA. However, the FAA has only granted permission in a handful of cases, mostly in remote locations for scientific uses. They have tried to heavily fine at least one drone operator, but the judge in the case sided with that pilot and cleared them, basically saying the FAA did not have jurisdiction since there are no laws specifically addressing the issue. The FAA is considering an appeal, last I heard.
If you are flying over your own property, or have permission to fly by the owner, and otherwise obey the FAA guidelines (stay below 400 feet, not fly near airports/restricted airspace, etc. ) one shoukld be OK.
Until a more official determination and laws are written, commercial drone operation is in a grey area right now. Many pilots still fly for pay in various capacities. As long as they fly responsibly and don't bring attention to themselves, usually it's not a big deal, yet. I just fly for the fun of it myself.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
The FAA's position is that commercial use of drones is illegal, unless specific permission has been granted by the FAA. However, the FAA has only granted permission in a handful of cases, mostly in remote locations for scientific uses. They have tried to heavily fine at least one drone operator, but the judge in the case sided with that pilot and cleared them, basically saying the FAA did not have jurisdiction since there are no laws specifically addressing the issue. The FAA is considering an appeal, last I heard.
If you are flying over your own property, or have permission to fly by the owner, and otherwise obey the FAA guidelines (stay below 400 feet, not fly near airports/restricted airspace, etc. ) one shoukld be OK.
Until a more official determination and laws are written, commercial drone operation is in a grey area right now. Many pilots still fly for pay in various capacities. As long as they fly responsibly and don't bring attention to themselves, usually it's not a big deal, yet. I just fly for the fun of it myself.

Labman nailed it. For personal purposes, it's A-OK to fly a drone. What Studio is asking for is not commercial.
studioone
Hey labman.. U still able to shoot my grass for me?
labmansid
Sure. We might need to wait a bit until the wind isn't too bad, plus I'm about to start my seven day stint at work, but I could still probably work around it if needed.
originaltexan
How much is rye grass seed?

Where do you get it?

If you plant in Feb, when does it come up?

How long does it last?

Thanks
understandingmom
I can't wait to see this....please.
studioone

There are 40 ft x 80 ft letters in my yard now.. big 'D heart R"... now my plan is to get the twins to lay on their backs in the middle of the heart and kinda make snow angels (but in the dead grass) and thats our Christmas Photo..
understandingmom
quote:

... now my plan is to get the twins to lay on their backs in the middle of the heart and kinda make snow angels..

Now that's gonna be the hard part....you better get some bribes in the works. Lol
studioone
How much is rye grass seed? coop is about $25 for 50 lbs

Where do you get it? coop

If you plant in Feb, when does it come up? in october..when it should be planted...

How long does it last? in febuary.. not long.. plant in october and you'll have green grass all winter.. but it dies in the heat of spring...

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.