Ideas on things to get son involved in...

1,728 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by GoneGirl
JeepWaveEarl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our son is turning 4 in January and is an energetic little red head.... we are looking for ideas or recommendations on things around B/CS that he can get involved in at 4--- sports, martial arts, etc. I am an advocate of kids being able to still be kids, but I think he would enjoy something to do that's more structured.....

I figured I would ask here because there are so many different places to hunt down... tia.
DBSwooper
Hotshots Soccer = Awesome but he's getting on the older side for that.
Upwards Football = Awesome sauce for that age
Gymnastics (pick one of the local gyms, they all have toddler programs)

4 is a bit young for martial arts, but there is at least one dojo in town that I heard takes or might take a kid that young. I'm holding off for 6-ish for my kids (I did Tae Kwon Do for 16 years, I get it).
fcag
AG
My daughter started at Pak's ATA at age 4 and loved it.
313-7-12thMan
Consider ice skating/ice hockey. It's a great program at Spirit Ice Arena. There is activity almost year round and age specific groups that cater to different skill levels. Ice hockey is a constant action sport that active kids really connect with.
originaltexan
Upholstery
TXCityGirl
+1 for Hot Shots Soccer - it's great for 4 year olds. My son did it and loved it.
City of CS has basketball starting in January and it's good, swimming lessons year-round at Aerofit gyms.
Also recommend Brazos Valley Gymnastics preschool classes! Great family-owned gym.
Twix
AG
K, we did Hot Shots for the first time this fall and really liked it. Schedules can get a little crazy with weather, but it's a great program. We have also done gymnastics. Our son was the only boy in his class, but he didn't seem to mind one bit. He liked showing off his skills. If you have any questions, shoot me a message on FB.
Twix
AG
I have several friends that did Upward Football....we might do that in the fall. Have heard great reviews!
jja79
AG
Golf. He can play it for a lifetime. Take it up with him and you will spend quality, one on one time with him.
agswife
There is also Kindermusik
nashvilleaggie11
Music For Young Children classes
http://www.revive45music.com/myc#!myc/czov
GoneGirl
AG
Soccer is good for a kid that age - get in a program like upward or FFPS - at that age they spend a lot of time running in the wrong direction and playing in the dirt/net. But it's a good way to start learning rules and teamwork.

ATA (American Taekwondo) schools have classes they call Tiny Tigers, or Tigers - and those are great. They start with pretty simple form and earn belts that they can progress with when they move up to juniors. They learn respect, self control, and have a good time doing it.

My oldest has started English riding lessons. He's almost 12, but there are a lot of younger kids there. I'm amazed at what the little ones can do. You need to look for a Pony Club group, but he could start on a smaller pony. Great for balance, confidence and responsibility.

I don't know if BCS has a Little Gym, but our boys enjoyed tumbling at that age.

I like the golf suggestion too. We participate in a group called First Tee. Don't know if there's one in BCS, but it's a great program.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.