Holy Jury Summons Batman!

7,144 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Rapier108
Kate Beckett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got home to check mail. Crisis averted so far.
AggieBarstool
quote:
HAHA! That will teach you to vote...

What pisses me off is they keep separate databases from which they draw their names. If you're like me, you have a TX DL, TX ID, vehicle registration, and voter registration all through Brazos county. Therefore, I have my name "in the pot" 4x each time they call people in.

Last time I talked to them about this stupidity, they promised they were working on it, but I'm not holding my breath. I seem to get a summons every 6 months.
JR Ewing
AG
Yes, I vote too, but I realize it can come with civic duty opportunities for those who do not have criminal records or false names/addresses...
ButtonB
I served this morning. Barely finished the paperwork when we were told that the defendant took a plea deal. Best 30 min civic duty ever.
MadDog73
AG
Also received one. 1st one in well over 20 yrs.
Bryanisbest
AG
What pisses me off is that people get pissed off about serving this Republic in ways without which we would have no republic.
fcag
AG
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Gabriel-Hall-Murder-Trial-Delayed-286385081.html

If they did send out a huge number of summons for this, and now it's getting pushed back, will we still have to wait until the night before to find out if we are dismissed?
Rapier108
quote:
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Gabriel-Hall-Murder-Trial-Delayed-286385081.html

If they did send out a huge number of summons for this, and now it's getting pushed back, will we still have to wait until the night before to find out if we are dismissed?
Someone on KBTX commented they were called for that trial, and now received an e-mail that said since the trial has been postponed, they're dismissed from service.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.