Holy Jury Summons Batman!

7,136 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Rapier108
Jetty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All 3 of us at the house got jury summons today from Marc Hamlins court.
forgian
Marc Hamlin is the District Clerk. His office sends out all jury summons for the courts so it could be any one of the District Court's here in Brazos County.
Max06
AG
Have you considered purchasing lotto tickets? If not, you should.
techno-ag
rc_cat
Spouse and I got summons-ed today as well Maybe they're going off the TexAgs list!
Prune Tracy
quote:

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I got one a few weeks ago. After 22 years of eligibility I will report for jury duty for the first time in Feb of next year. I knew the streak wouldn't hold out forever.
carpe vinum
AG
I'll take "what is alphabetical" for $200, Alex.
carpe vinum
AG
Just wait for that federal court summons for Houston
Rapier108
I almost always get 2 a year and have to go to about half of them, although this year I only got one, but got picked. Thankfully the guy took a plea later in the afternoon so we didn't have the trial.

The federal one is the worst because it could be a trial that lasts months or even years. Pretty much means you will not have a job when its over. I think I'd just pretend I never got it. Mail does get lost sometimes.
Post removed:
by user
studioone

odd just got the 2nd one in my life today...

and the # 1 reason for having twins.

Jury duty exemption..

(i watch them half the day while my wife works..)
heckyessica
quote:
Last time I got one, it was for Judge "Crazyman" Boyett... it was entertaining to say the least.
I had jury duty for him last year. It was pretty quick. I did feel a little sorry for the defendants because he obviously didn't like them from the very start and made that pretty clear. But they also didn't help their case when they spoke, so my pity ended there.
ksp
Kbtx will have a story about this next
carpe vinum
AG
just have a baby, automatic excuse...
O.G.
Must be something in the wind. I got one today too.
Rooster14
I guess I should check the mail
gettingitdone
Geez,,,,they must be on a roll. I got one today too. I always go when I get one, and I always get picked. I must have one of those faces I guess.
likestoread
AG
Yep, they're on a roll.....two out of three of us just got summoned.
fcag
AG
I got mine two weeks ago and did the online registration today.
We are safe...so far. It is interesting that my so and I get them within a few days of our neighbors getting theirs. I figured they must go by address and not last name. Not sure, tho. Definitely not a random thing in any event.
fanof3.88
I can't remember the case but I think I heard that a high profile trial was coming up and jury selection was about to begin. Anyone remember?
SARATOGA
Do they still do jury summons by mail ?

If so, one day I'm going to jail, and ya'll will be rid of me forever.

(checks PO box, MAYBE twice a year)

duffelpud
AG
My last summons landed me on the jury for the trial of a red light sting operation run by the City of Bryan that landed an Austin transvestite who defended him/her self.

It was an entertaining trial.

Post removed:
by user
I got one in the mail today. Drats!
TXCityGirl
I also received one today! Mass mailing for sure. See ya in 2015!
Kate Beckett
AG
Scared to check my mail.
AggieBarstool
I got one yesterday, too.

Worst possible timing.
ThatSneakyAzzAleppoMoment
Yay, I'm scheduled to appear in January.
agswife
Those could be for the Gabriel Hall murder trial.

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/judge-denies-continuance-in-murder-trial-of-gabriel-hall/article_41c0ec00-a230-5f2f-898d-a00487d2e4b4.html
AggieBarstool
Maybe. But I'm not scheduled to appear 'til Feb. 18. Hopefully that sick ******* is BBQ'd by then (I know it won't happen, but I can hope, can't I?).
Rapier108
quote:
Those could be for the Gabriel Hall murder trial.

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/judge-denies-continuance-in-murder-trial-of-gabriel-hall/article_41c0ec00-a230-5f2f-898d-a00487d2e4b4.html
That's going to be a long one because the defense has already made it clear they're going for "insanity" based on a bad childhood before he came to the US. Expect a lot of "expert" witnesses who will try to sway the jury with endless psychobabble.

Thankfully, this is Brazos County so I have no doubt it will not work and he'll soon be at home in the Polunsky Unit awaiting a date with a needle.

The one I'm waiting on is Dennis Wayne Brown. It will be short and he will be on death row. I would do anything to be on that jury, but I would probably get tossed straight away.
hihozippo
AG
I got two summons within 9 months of each other in 2013. I was picked for a felony arson case. I sure hope I don't have another until late next year. I don't mind doing my civic duty and find it kind of interesting (for the most part). Getting a summons every other year isn't too bad.
JR Ewing
AG
HAHA! That will teach you to vote...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.