Helicopter experts, a question.....

2,559 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by originaltexan
Rockdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I live in the Wellborn area and usually about twice a day, a white with red (and maybe some blue) stripes and retractable gear screams right over my house. It looks like he is making round trips from Houston to Easterwood or maybe the Med. Anybody know the story on this bird? I used to fly private planes many years ago and love watching him go over. And that is one fast mofo for a helo.
DBSwooper
This him? https://flightaware.com/live/flight/GCT87/history/20141214/2200Z/KIWS/KCLL" id="wbbid_11">https://flightaware.com/live/flight/GCT87/history/20141214/2200Z/KIWS/KCLL
jimmyb
S76 aka spirit
Cadillac of the skys
Rockdoc
AG
What's the deal with it. Private, business, medical? The hourly cost on that dude has to be high $
DBSwooper
It appears to be owned by an aircraft leasing company, so probably business use. It might be a shock but even though it would take a year for me and you to save up enough to cover a couple of hours of flight time with that bird, some people have the money and they might want to visit B/CS to experience our wonderful supply of burger, chicken finger and chain resturants.
Scruffy
Rockdoc
AG
Oh I just assumed it was for the food. Or they're bringing in Taco Bueno daily!
techno-ag
AG
quote:
It appears to be owned by an aircraft leasing company, so probably business use. It might be a shock but even though it would take a year for me and you to save up enough to cover a couple of hours of flight time with that bird, some people have the money and they might want to visit B/CS to experience our wonderful supply of burger, chicken finger and chain resturants.

Yup it happens. Little town of Ponder Texas outside Dallas, where some scenes from the movie Bonnie and Clyde were shot, had a semi famous steakhouse with a large field out back. I heard one of the supermodels (Cheryl somebody? Can't remember) used to fly over from Dallas. The chopper would land in the field and she'd eat there or get take out.
Pyewacket
AG
My husband flies S76's and AW 139's for a living. I will ask him.
Pyewacket
AG
Husband says it is an EC-145 that flies for Memorial Hermann Hospital. An S76 is larger than the 145. A S76 from Gulf Coast Aviation also uses that flight path. The swaggercopter is an S76. Husband also flies for A&M.
jimmyb
I don't think the ec145 has retractable wheels. The spirt is one of the few like that.
DBSwooper
Here, found a photo of the pilot and crew:

agmj2007
Swaggercopter is a Bell 429 not a s76. I remember seeing it when it was at one of the football games this year.
originaltexan
It might be Al looking for a place to live.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.