Best massage/spa in town? I don't want to search.

3,468 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Scruffy
Scruffy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm wanting to get my GF a gift card for a massage and maybe the other girly stuff that spas etc do.
As far as I know she has never had a massage, and she isn't the type who would normally get mani/pedis etc.

Since I'm on my phone, and don't want to search through the many threads this board has had on the topic, I'm asking for y'all's opinion.

Let's break it down to:
1) massage. Where? Who (maybe)?
2) the other fun stuff. Where? Who (maybe)?
3) possible combinations.

Thanks for any advice.
AggieWife2008
S
Boardwalk Salon! My husband booked a spa day for me there that included massage, facial, mani/pedi and it was AMAZING!
justalocal
Celebrity for spa services
TXCityGirl
Riviera Spa on Rock Prairie is lovely, and has many options. I have been there myself and enjoyed it.
aggmaroon
AG
Riviera in my opinion. It is a really nice atmosphere to rest and relax.
Kbeauty63
AG
Shannon @ Galleria Day Spa
Scruffy
AG
They all look good. Thanks for the input.

Being a "Scruffy" man, I don't know much about all the services; things like European facial, paraffin pedicure, etc.

Could y'all expand a bit on what you like or get at these places?

I don't want her to be overwhelmed, but I do want to get her services I think she'll like.

Keep in mind, she is more "nerd" (her word) than "girly girl". I don't think she regularly wears makeup (she doesn't need to), though she does moisturize.
Kbeauty63
AG
I just get massages - swedish with the hot stones - it feels great.
RDH80
AG
Allison at Riviera Day Spa !
69ag
Mineral Body Works...beats all those mentioned previously!
justalocal
I get massages, facials, and pedicures. I've just always had a positive experience at celebrity. I use to go to Riviera but will no longer after they wasted my time earlier this year (showed up for an appointment that didn't happen and manager basically told me too bad so sad). I posted about it before so if you decide to do a search you should find it.
carpe vinum
AG
Careful. The one next to Shipley's in Bryan is great for packages but there is an older lady there that specializes in deep tissue and does not appear to know any other method. You'll hurt for days after an hour with that mean ol broad.
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
Careful. The one next to Shipley's in Bryan is great for packages but there is an older lady there that specializes in deep tissue and does not appear to know any other method. You'll hurt for days after an hour with that mean ol broad.
You are referring to Galleria Day Spa and it happens to be the best. It is what I get the wife. I drive her up and then I go to Shipleys and then drink at Shipwreck for a while afterwards, YARR.
Scruffy
AG
That's sounds like a good plan AP.
Diamond Geezer
Tish at Deep TishU Massage
billtheag89
AG
Is there a massage school in BCS?
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
Is there a massage school in BCS?
http://www.namesandnumbers.com/texas/bryan-college-station/yellow-pages/Schools-Massage

FYI I wouldn't trust Gray Ken.
lightswitch
Looks like Mineral Body Works is having a Christmas special. 60 min massage for $46. I've been to them, and others in town. I would recommend them.
medic1969p
I would also recommend Galleria Day Spa. They have many different spa packages to choose from. I've always been pleased with Shannon for all my massages. (I"m a massage person). She's also did my prenatal massages. I'm not a mani/pedi person either so the only thing I'll get is a massage and once in a while I'll get a facial.
Scruffy
AG
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I got her a massage at galleria. She was near tears. Good Christmas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.