E. Brazos Co. eagle sighting

11,293 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by harley98
birdman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There are plenty of eagles at Attwater NWR. It's a short trip from College Station.
BillE1976
AG
I live on Lake Conroe. See them on a pretty regular basis. Used to be several nesting pairs near the dam.
BMo
Birdman thanks for that. I have Attwater on my radar to visit soon.

Bill I use to spend alot of time on Lake Conroe but it's been years ago. May have to plan a trip that way. I do have kin in the area.
nukeme70
Saw one (I think a second, couldn't confirm) just south of FM 2979 near FM 362. We couldn't see a nest, but we watched it soar back and forth over a decent sized pond for a while before landing in a nearby tree and hanging out.

The pond had several small waterbirds, as well as a dozen or so White Pelicans! We were out looking for a reported eagle nest near an old fishery out that way, and saw the pelicans - had to do some quick google-fu to confirm what they were. Didn't see anything at the fishery, came back around to look at the pelicans and saw the eagle soaring overhead.
harley98
I'm very familiar with birds and have rehabbed a few raptors (I am a veterinarian's daughter- came with the territory). I spotted a gorgeous adult bald eagle flying low over Madisonville (hwy 21) on dec. 26th.

Great thread btw!
BMo
Harley where on Hwy 21 at Madisonville? Just curious since I use to live in Madison Co.
harley98
We had turned off 45 onto 21 at bucees exit and headed towards madisonville. We were not quite to the downtown part of madisonville.. The eagle flew directly in front of our car perpendicular to 21. (It crossed from right to left over 21)
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.