Verizon Internet Outage

5,799 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by UmustBKidding
samsal75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No landline internet service for about 14 hours in East Bryan area near winery. Anyone else without service??
BrazosWifi
No outage for Brazos WiFi customers.... ;-)

Seriously though, have you tried unplugging the power to everything and plugging it back in? It sounds stupid but it works for most cable/dsl related issues.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
samsal75
AG
Internet came back on at about 4:30pm and within 10 minutes received a call from Verizon confirming it was back up. Seems there was an issue some where on their end. First time in four years that I had a problem so not bad I guess??
Expert Analysis
AG
Was just looking to see if anyone else had an issue. Austin's Colony. Monday night something happened to our DSL. Tuesday morning some pages would not load, others loaded slowly. Still same issue today. Called verizon and ran some tests and it was showing signal but but not working for us to actually access the internet... They said it was probably a webpage issue and should resolve itself soon...yeah ok don't take any responsibility for your system. They did call back though and are looking into it.
Have not had any issues in years.
dachsie
Having the exact same problem in Shenandoah in CS. I have been round and round with those people. Now I can tell him they are reporting it around town so it is their problem
02skiag
AG
Same probably here in South CS. Some websites work, most don't. When they call me back I will let them know it is area wide.
marrocco
This map helps: https://downdetector.com/status/verizon-communications/map/
Brazos Belle
Ours has also been very, very slow and most websites won't load either since about 5am Monday here in Benchley. Verizon tech support did all the testing, but said the issue is that Yahoo Mail is down and should be fixed within 4-5 days. So frustrating!
gettingitdone
Ok, I am having the problem too. After talking with tech support for two hours yesterday, and an hour today, it was discovered that the outage isn't with Verizon but with Actiontec ( router compnay). They ran all the tests, and my internet connection is excellent. Some sites won't load at all and others are very slow. They verified that the problem is in California, Arizona and Texas. They are sending me a new router and giving me 7 days credit to my account. Check your wireless routers. If it is by Actiontec, this may also be your problem. Hope this helps.
BCSMom
we are on verizon too. Hardly ever have a problem. Noticed today sites are super slow to load. My landline has a static sound too.

On hold with tech support.
BCSMom
Well tech support is a joke. Says he can't help because we have a 3rd party modem. Ran the line tests and everything was great. Said there were no outages for our area.

So I go to call netgear and miraculously our internet starts working again.
Expert Analysis
AG
The issue is Verizon, they will deny it while they try to fix it so you stop complaining to them. Texags is working fine right now for me but twitter won't load pics and Facebook won't load at all.
The Verizon outage page clearly shows there is a widespread issue in BCS right now.
BCSMom
I am looking at my modem/router and it's saying there is no problem and everything is running fine on their end.

Expert Analysis....I can't scroll up right now. Is that link about the outage an official Verizon site? I am going to call back tomorrow when I have a little bit more time.

I agree..mybcs.com is loading great. Facebook, Verizon webpage, Twitter and some other pages are not loading very well at all.
reynolwi
I have been working at a customers office the past two days due to this issue with some sites not loading while others do. I can confirm it IS A VERIZON ISSUE and I finally got them to admit it today while I had a one of their "tech support" supervisors on the phone that it was a routing issue on their network.

I had the guy connected so he could view the computer screen remotely while I was on site at the customers office and showed him the problem I kept trying to explain repeatedly numerous times to the regular verizon support people. Then showed him where the problem was. He put me on hold 3 times for several minutes and finally came back saying yes they can confirm that the issue is on their side and several people have now called and "reported" / complained about the same issue with the same site my customer was trying to get to so they were escalating the issue and hope to have it resolved within 24-48 hours since it was affecting commercial customers.

This issue is contained to the Verizon network and has not affected Suddenlink or AT&T Wireless as I confirmed the sites in question worked on suddenlink and on my at&t wireless hotspot
Expert Analysis
AG
Like rey said it is a routing issue since only certain things are affected. It is not your hardware, it is Verizon's hardware/servers somewhere along the line here locally. I am not sure if the above site is official, but it seems pretty accurate. It is also not loading the graphic, lol.
I am actually getting higher than normal speeds right now, too bad most of what I want to do is not working.
Firefighters Wife
We are having the same issues as described above, and I just got off the phone with Verizon. Ugh! Ive got good connection, and apparently no one in our area is having any reported issues. (Really?!!) So an hour later Im told its my modem & she will waive all the fees & send it out in 2 day mail. I seriously don't think its my modem, but I will play along for now...any more issues & I will call them back & read these issues listed above to them. (btw, I have a different modem than the one listed)
Our cell phones are having the same issues as well...
Drewmeister
AG
I've been having these problems since last night. About half the sites try to visit won't load; others only load partially or after several minutes (including TexAgs). YouTube loads the text but no video or even thumbnails. Notably, doing a traceroute to espn.com, it dies after one hop beyond my modem. Working sites show a normal trace. This is true for all devices, including my phone. If I disable WiFi on my phone (forcing use of 3G data, ironically on Verizon Wireless), everything works perfectly.

Guess I'll call in the morning; I really don't feel like spending a long time on the phone right now.
marrocco
Mine was working as of this morning.
Brazos Belle
Mine too!
gettingitdone
Mine if finally working, but looks like my new router will arrive tomorrow...Lol
Tailgate88
AG
Verizon is still having issues this morning:

http://internethealthreport.com/

Thanks to UMustBeKidding for that link on an earlier thread. There should be no red or yellow anywhere - red indicates lots of dropped packets. It's better than it has been in the past few days, but still not fixed.

On another note, if you live in an area served by the Verizon CO in Wellborn, you probably have ongoing issues. I have had Verizon at my house four times in the past month. I have a new modem, a new direct wire to my wiring closet from the box outside, a new "whole house DSL filter" (even though I don't even have any phones plugged in, only have a line so I can get DSL), and I still have multiple times during the day where my ping times go from 64ms to 2000-3000ms for periods of 5-15 minutes. All I have to do is a release and renew of my IP address, and the ping time instantly drops to 64ms again. What does that tell you? Overloaded equipment.

Good luck getting them to admit it though. I really wish there was another option out here, but there is no Suddenlink in our neighborhood, and I'm afraid wireless wouldn't cut it. (I work from home so I need a fast, reliable connection.)

Maybe it's time for a class action suit...
gigem92
AG
Live in Castlegate and have been experiencing the same thing since Tuesday. Talked with tech support last night and they are sending a new modem. Of course, it was working just fine this morning when I left the house.
reynolwi
I can somewhat confirm that the issue is mostly fixed as my customer can once again function and access the sites that had the routing issue. Verizon was somewhat true to its word in trying to get it fixed quickly since it was affecting business customers. I hate dealing with verizon, especially their tech support since the person you get can't do anything for you except say, "have you unplugged your modem and reset it?" "have you restarted your computer" "have you cleared your browser cache" When you want to speak to someone higher up they hold you hostage saying you can speak to higher level support but its a premium option and we will have to add that to your bill. Total BS!

Some of you may hate on Suddenlink, but I never have issues like this.

Tailgate... I have seen and heard of expansion plans to bring Suddenlink down wellborn road/2154 quite a ways to past bentwood if the plan was not changed. I know there's some push from higher up and the plan was sent up the ladder for approval.
cz308
Verizon DSL has been out a couple of days and somewhat spotty service today. Seems to be working now. I absolutely hate Verizon. If it were up to me, I'd get rid of them all together.
WireStar
I confirmed with a local Verizon tech that this was indeed a regional internet routing issue, so it has absolutely nothing to do with with the local access issues such as your copper line or DSL modem. Verizon has fully resolved the issue.

If you are with Verizon and looking for an alternative wired internet connection, I would suggest you give us a call. We use the same Verizon copper wires, but have our own equipment and internet connections at both ends.
beb08
AG
@wirestar

This interests me. I currently have Verizon. The internet sucks. I cant do ANYTHING on the internet if my boyfriend is playing ps4 online because it lags so bad. Would this change? Or Since you use the same wires, no?
thisIsMyName
beb08, we just switched from verison for that reason and the other mentioned above. have had spotty service from them for the last 5 years. we just switched and so far so good. i hope things clear up for everyone. christmas holidays would be frustrating with out some good wifi for the family and guest
beb08
AG
@thisIsMyName, did you switch to wirestar?
UmustBKidding
If you phone is not behind a RSU and served out a covered Verizon central office Wirestar will be better than Verizon on the same wires. Verizon uses ADSL and WS uses vdsl2. Basically the difference between ATT DSL and Uverse (uses vdsl) . WS also offers bonded circuits using multiple wires to improve performance in available areas.
beb08
AG
@UmustBKidding

How would I know these things? :/
thisIsMyName
we did suddenlink

uploading videos to youtube used to take 45 min. yesterday my wife uploaded one of the same size in 3 min.
my kids can stream netflix on the iPad at the same time i play call of duty online with no interruption. this is a first

like i said, so far so good...
beb08
AG
Thanks for the input!
UmustBKidding
Spent many years in telecom infrastructure design & deployment. Also worked with GTE (verizon) people from divestiture until the mid 80's so reasonably familiar with their outside plant infrastructure in the local area. Still have friends there and they keep my DSL going for me without involving people in India.
Am always trying to help the underdog get some market share. If you enter your zip code and then do compare providers in your area you will see only SL & Wirestar in the HD category.
https://www.google.com/get/videoqualityreport/
And no I don't work for Wirestar just know they are an option for some here that would not know about them otherwise.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.