Mooyahs - Caveat Emptor

3,432 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by FlyRod
Crusader
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just tried to eat at the new Mooyahs in College Station. Terrible experience. First, the person taking our order was terribly slow and there was a long line. Then, when the order came, two out of three orders were wrong. The salads were hard and stale, and my son could only eat one bite of his burger, as it tasted terrible. He tried to get his money back, but the employees were too busy to help him.

I realize this is a new restaurant, but they'd better get their entire act together or they will fail.
MiMi
S
I have been a couple of times and had a great experience each time. I hope you asked to speak with the manager before you left the restaurant. He or she might of been able to correct some of the problems.
EVA3
AG
Who got the FTR?
rsa
AG
That is a shame that your experience was negative--hopefully this is a one-off event. Had a very good first time experience there last Saturday., and will be going back.
ksp
quote:

I realize this is a new restaurant, but they'd better get their entire act together or they will fail.
Same thing is said about every new restaurant that opens here lol.
Tailgate88
AG
We have eaten there twice and thought the food was great, especially the loaded salad, but agree the register guy was really slow.
Medi-Weightloss Clinics
I was there with my sons on a Aggie FB Saturday at noon. Very busy, long line, waited a while for food, but all seemed in line with the number of customers. Owner out working the tables and working hard at making the place work well. Burgers and fries good other than the well documented cold buns. I would place it ahead of Five Guys and behind Grub. Overall a good gourmet burger joint.
FlyRod
Could you elaborate on how it is a "gourmet" burger joint? I'm curious, thanks.
jja79
AG
It's overpriced ergo gourmet.
FlyRod
I was curious because their online menu doesn't seem to point in that direction, but maybe I missed something.
AggiePhil
AG
I suspect the buns are getting cold because they take them out of the warmer as soon as the order is placed and assemble the rest of the burger while the meat is cooking. So by the time the meat's done, the buns have been sitting out on the line with sauce and veggies on them for 5 or so minutes. It still tastes great though, and I like all the toppings.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
quote:
might of

Seriously?
Rexter
Buns weren't cold as in room temp. They were either directly under an a/c vent, or in a cooler.
The food is very good, but the cold bun issue will keep us from returning. It seems like my burger got cold due to the temp of the bun.
DWren
Their milkshakes are absolutely terrible.

Really sad thing is they overcharge for them like its a super premium ice cream made in house and blended. Like you would get at a good ice cream place.

It crappy melted soft serve.
They should charge like $1 for it and they charge over $4

aggiepaintrain
AG
The burger is better than 5 guys.
The combo meal for like $11 is lol
TX AG 88
AG
quote:
quote:
might of

Seriously?
New to TexAgs, huh? Daily occurrence.
CS78
Was out with the family earlier and tried to call in a to-go order but they said their system was down so they couldnt take phone in orders. Tried to stop by but there was a real long line so we didnt even get out of the car. Wasnt worth it with two hungry young kids.
75AG
AG
quote:
Was out with the family earlier and tried to call in a to-go order but they said their system was down so they couldnt take phone in orders. Tried to stop by but there was a real long line so we didnt even get out of the car. Wasnt worth it with two hungry young kids.
As Yogi said, "Nobody goes there anymore -- it's too crowded."
FlyRod
As Yogi Bear says, "Let's get that pic-inic basket, BooBoo!"
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
As Yogi said, "Nobody goes there anymore -- it's too crowded."

That's about right. It's so dang popular nobody eats there.
FlyRod
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.