The Silk Stocking

17,862 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by jac4
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
The SS has taken steps to raise their brand awareness in the community lately.

We're being invaded by Nazi blackshirts???
Scruffy
AG
Scout Sniper?
ksp
quote:
Are they going to paint the whole damn thing pink ? I do not have an issue that women are taking off their clothes I just take issue that the place they are doing it in is pink ! I am having to reorder my list of things that visually disturb me in this town

1. Silk Stocking
2. Those annoying LED signs at that University/6 realtor and that home builder near the dome (which is a testament to how much they do not work because I drive by it day and night and cannot name the builder...cannot even read the thing)
3. Any random sign offering to install Christmas lights, build a pool, get you out of debt, make money, etc
Amen to #2, V. annoying.
Max06
AG
It's maroon today.
ksp
Maroon and black instead of maroon, pink and black. Looks like they may have settled on black and maroon.
Post removed:
by user
Tyrion Lannister
quote:
I don't mind that KBTX did a story on this - it is providing some insight that no one on this board had yet to state. IMO the building looks trashy and is an eye sore - I hope the city forces them to change it and if they don't then I hope they take their establishment elsewhere.

This is the kind of attitude that is hurting this country. I don't want to turn this into the politics board, but this is idea to get Big Brother to FORCE private citizens to do something because you don't like the way it looks is going too far.

I wish they'd paint the thing day glow orange with florescent pink stripes just to get people riled up.
SoTheySay
S
^ we should be friends.
gutmancometh
texagbeliever
quote:
quote:
I don't mind that KBTX did a story on this - it is providing some insight that no one on this board had yet to state. IMO the building looks trashy and is an eye sore - I hope the city forces them to change it and if they don't then I hope they take their establishment elsewhere.

This is the kind of attitude that is hurting this country. I don't want to turn this into the politics board, but this is idea to get Big Brother to FORCE private citizens to do something because you don't like the way it looks is going too far.

I wish they'd paint the thing day glow orange with florescent pink stripes just to get people riled up.
Local Government is not big brother. There is a difference between a city setting a law and a federal government setting a law.

A local city level law will be more open to market competition as people will be able to choose where to live (choosing another country is much more difficult). You also have a much stronger vote on city officials.
taxpreparer
AG
Annexing land and then applying additional restrictions on what the property can do with their property is theft.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Frio Cielo
To me Big Brother is any governmental entity that has unreasonable control over my personal freedoms and rights. It can be federal, state, or local governments.

Government should have minimum, if any, control over what a person does with his private property as long as it does not affect the property of other persons.

It's amazing how much freedoms some people will give up under the disguise of community standards.
BCStalk
Shhhh stuck up rich people might hear you talking all that nonsense
Rexter
quote:
quote:
quote:

Local Government is not big brother. There is a difference between a city setting a law and a federal government setting a law.

A local city level law will be more open to market competition as people will be able to choose where to live (choosing another country is much more difficult). You also have a much stronger vote on city officials.

Almost fell off the couch reading this. Open to competition??? Where is the competition for SS? Oh yeah....the cities have made it almost impossible to open another place. As for choosing where to live, everyone has that choice now. It isn't regulated with the city saying you can't live within 1000' of a church, school, etc. and no, we do not have a stronger vote due to at large representation for city government. If that were the case, why isn't every other multiple seat body at large instead of districted, such as state and national reps?
Lamp Shade
I think they need to cover the thing with nasty old barn wood and rusted feed store and beer signs. Make it look like the craphole northgate area! The eastsiders would go full Weingarten on them.
Yuccadoo
If we are gonna start with new laws, let's start by taxing churches.
techno-ag
AG
quote:

Won't happen. Separation of church & state.
jja79
AG
What do the 2 have to do with one another?
75AG
AG
quote:
Let's tax food and medicine, too. And all charitable donations. See how silly this can become?
Stupe
S
quote:
Shhhh stuck up rich people might hear you talking all that nonsense
Most "stuck up rich people" want very little government involvement with the things that Frio Cielo listed on the post prior to yours. It's the welfare state that wants government facilitated wealth redistribution.

I know that fact doesn't fit into your sarcastic shot at a certain segment of the population, but I thought that it was pertinent to the conversation.
Post removed:
by user
75AG
AG
Of course, those ministers and staff do pay property, income, and sales taxes.
BlueMiles
AG
Back on topic. Was the pink a primer paint, or did they or the city change paint color choices?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
ScottBowen
AG
quote:
Are they going to paint the whole damn thing pink ? I do not have an issue that women are taking off their clothes I just take issue that the place they are doing it in is pink ! I am having to reorder my list of things that visually disturb me in this town

1. Silk Stocking
2. Those annoying LED signs at that University/6 realtor and that home builder near the dome (which is a testament to how much they do not work because I drive by it day and night and cannot name the builder...cannot even read the thing)
3. Any random sign offering to install Christmas lights, build a pool, get you out of debt, make money, etc

At least it's not tan brick with a tin roof. Yuck.
jja79
AG
quote:
quote:

Most in town are poorly disguised businesses anyway. Please give us money to pay for our cool building, and keep our staff paid, whilst we look down our nose at the unwashed masses.

Personally, I think it should look a whole lot more like Jesus and 12 dudes running around, helping people in need. Not lining some pastor's poketses.

I just drove by Fellowship of the Woodlands. Good grief what a monument to excess. The worst decision I ever made was not to become a charleton evangalist and get fat and sassy all while tax exempt.
Scruffy
AG
L. Ron Hubbard had the right idea.
BlazeHarper
jja79 you know I have thought the exact same thing. I could be living the high light right about now and also entertained my inner thespian in front of hundreds every weekend.
75AG
AG
quote:
jja79 you know I have thought the exact same thing. I could be living the high light right about now and also entertained my inner thespian in front of hundreds every weekend.
But, at least outwardly, you have to act somewhat pious. Could be tough on the golf course.
Post removed:
by user
jac4
AG
Disappointing thread hijack. Can we get back to talking about strippers?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.