Beaujolais?

2,420 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by OnlyANobody
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I realize I am late, but we used to really enjoy going to the Beaujolais unveiling at JJ's every year. Is there any place doing anything similar?
FlyRod
Probably not. I noticed over the years the number of those coming in has shrunk...all the places around BCS seem to have just one brand now. I'd check with Spec's and Twin Liquors and see if they are planning anything, though Spec's told me the other day they doubted they'd be getting any more in. Its not a "thing" around here anymore. Good luck. Post back if you learn otherwise.
SchnauzerMom
This is my MIL's favorite type of wine and she has turned me onto it as well! We get it at Specs or Western Beverages.
Tailgate88
AG
We pick some up at Specs too, but JJ's used to have a tasting for the top 5-6 each year. They would have a spread of food and you could taste the different brands and decide which one you wanted. It used to be a yearly tradition for us to go to the tasting, and we would often see the same people there year after year. Maybe I'll suggest it to the Specs' manager next year.
FlyRod
Talked to a friend of mine who manages a Spec's in Dallas. He said a lot of the brands hiked their prices 2-3 years ago, so people stopped buying them...$8 wines went to $12-$13 overnight. Then the distributors stopped carrying them. So, now they are pretty scarce.

The JJ's thing was fun, I remember it. And FWIW I've suggested it to the Spec's folks several times. I don't expect them to do it.
OnlyANobody
I've had the song from The Alan Parsons Project stuck in my head ever since seeing this thread title a few days ago.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.