Bryan Vikings vs George Ranch

2,799 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by FlyRod
gibby03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Vikings will play Richmond George Ranch Friday the 28th at Waller ISD Stadium at 6PM in the Region III-5A Semifinals.

For you locals looking for a good playoff game to watch come on out to Waller. Not a long drive and they could sure use your support. Go Vikes.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Thanks for posting this, gibs. The Vikes will need MUCHO local support. A win here could mean great things.
gibby03
Bryanisbest
AG
This one is gonna be much tougher than anybody else we've played. Our QB is getting better every game. This gives us hope. Go Vikings!
gettingitdone
This will be their toughest match up yet and games will only get tougher. They are getting better each week and I am hoping to see a very exciting game come Friday. Of course after a great Aggie game on Thursday
AgDotCom
Good luck to the Vikings.
Oogway
quote:
This will be their toughest match up yet and games will only get tougher.
Yes, the games will get tougher. But if they didn't, the state championship wouldn't mean quite so much, would it?

Best of luck to the Bryan Vikings and all area teams.

Bryanisbest
AG
Geo Ranch scouting report. Biggest fastest team Vikings have played. They are more of a power running team and don't throw it as much as two previous playoff opponents. They won't test Bryan's secondary as much since they don't throw it but about eight times a game. Should go down to fourth quarter.
mwm
From South CS: go get 'em, Vikings!
kevmiller
Followed Consol Tigers when Ross was there.. Just a great run ..8 straight playoff appearances , never lost in 1st round, 7 district titles in 8 years, 3 State title game appearances in 4 years, 14 wins 4 years in a row, advanced to at least quarterfinals 5 years in a row and of course winning the '91 State championship.
Of course it's been duplicated since but at the time HS football had never seen a run like that before.
Have great memories of those years

Very glad to see coach Ross Rogers have success at Bryan High.
Good luck Friday night Vikings!
w8liftr
quote:
Of course it's been duplicated since but at the time HS football had never seen a run like that before.

I think the Odessa Permian teams of the 80's and Southlake Carroll teams of the 90's might argue that they'd already outdone (or were outdoing simultaneous with) what Consol was doing. Didn't Carroll go something like a decade without a regular season loss while picking up 3 or 4 state championships beginning in the late 80's?
quote:
Very glad to see coach Ross Rogers have success at Bryan High.
Good luck Friday night Vikings!

BTHO George Ranch!
halibut sinclair
Fight onward Vikings,
Charge down the field,
Show forth your blue and silver,
Never never yield.
On to the goal line,
Victory or die,
Hold high your sword and shield,
And fight for Bryan High!
F I G H T
B R Y A N
V I K I N G S,
Vikings number one!
F I G H T
B R Y A N
V I K I N G S,
Vikings number one!
aggiemom89
Does anyone know if Bryan is seated on the home side or visitor side?
gibby03
AG
Home team.
EVA3
AG
Go Blue!
EVA3
AG
quote:
Fight onward Vikings,
Charge down the field,
Show forth your blue and silver,
Never never yield.
On to the goal line,
Victory or die,
Hold high your sword and shield,
And fight for Bryan High!
F I G H T
B R Y A N
V I K I N G S,
Vikings number one! Hey!
B H S Beat the Longhorns!
B H S Beat the Longhorns!
V I K I N G S,
Fight for Bryan High!

fify
victory
AG
First off good luck to Bryan! Glad for the city and Ross

quote:
I think the Odessa Permian teams of the 80's and Southlake Carroll teams of the 90's might argue that they'd already outdone (or were outdoing simultaneous with) what Consol was doing. Didn't Carroll go something like a decade without a regular season loss while picking up 3 or 4 state championships beginning in the late 80's?

Consol was the first team in UIL History to win at least 14 games 4 years in a row. 14 wins in 1989-1992 making it to three state title games and winning it all in 91
Bryanisbest
AG
Come join in on the Blue Wall send off for the team lining up along Oakridge St between the team's field house and Briarcrest Dr at 3 pm fri afternoon. Go Vikes!
halibut sinclair
Great season, Vikings! You have a lot to be proud of.
FlyRod
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.