Cigarette butts

5,832 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by eloc62
ksp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Out the window. When you are stopped at a light on the feeder road, Look at the ground by the grass and you will see hundreds of cigarette butts. Does annoy anybody besides me??

The reason I brought this up is a local plumbing company tossed one out right in front of me and I looked down and was like wow at all the butts on the ground.

I don't care if some one wants to smoke. I think it is a nasty habit, but to each their own. But how hard is it to have an ashtray of some kind in your vehicle and not litter?
SARATOGA
Smokers are inconsiderate.

Not sure why you're surprised.
ksp
quote:

Not sure why you're surprised.
surprisedsrprzd/adjective
  • feeling or showing surprise."there was a surprised silence"

• annoyedadjective
  • slightly angry; irritated."Kelly was annoyed with him

• Hope that helps saratoga!
    justalocal
    I think they should all be ticketed for littering.
    carpe vinum
    AG
    There's an App for that.
    91_Aggie
    AG
    I would prefer not a ticket. but the punishment is that they have to pick up cigarette butts at stop lights while wearing a sign that says "This is my punishment for flicking my cigarette butt out the window".

But yeah, cigarette smokers just aren't very bright to begin with.
    bubba_joe
    Cigarette butts are high in nicotine.
    Isn't that the reason they are smoking cigarette to get nicotine?
    We just need to convince them they need to eat them for their high fiber & nicotine content.
    K2T2
    A friend of mine saw a lady at the corner store on Longmire thrust her hand down into the ashtray outside, grab all the cigarette butts, stuff them into her mouth, and begin chewing.

Also, butts butts butts butts butts.

BUTTS.
    rhoswen
    AG
    You'd think people would have learned after all the fires of 2011.
    CDub06
    AG
    They get the Horn of Justice from me.
    Texker
    AG
    Drives me crazy. I pick them up out of my yard all the time from service trucks driving down the street. I've even called a few businesses when I've witnessed their employees throwing butts out the window. If they don't want their cig butts in their vehicle what makes them think I want them in my yard/neighborhood? Idiots.
    Oogway
    I don't like them either. Besides the obvious fire hazard, it is littering plain and simple. I never knew just how many there were all over town until we started volunteering with Keep Brazos Beautiful. They have those 'grabber' things you can use and it seemed like there were thousands of cigarette butts everywhere.
    techno-ag
    AG
    At least they're degradable. It may take a long time, but at least they degrade.
    FlyRod
    Truer words were never spoken.
    momtaxi
    quote:

and so are people who don't smoke!
    Oogway
    So Techno, does that mean you and Fly would like us to drop off some bags of cigarette mulch at your house the next time we volunteer? After all it's degradable...
    Anna Molly
    quote:
    At least they're degradable. It may take a long time, but at least they degrade.
    Actually, not so much.
    quote:
    There is a lot of misinformation out there regarding cigarette butt litter. The biggest myth is that cigarette filters are biodegradable. In fact, cigarette butts are not biodegradable in the sense that most people think of the word. The acetate (plastic) filters can take many years to decompose. Smokers may not realize that their actions have such a lasting, negative impact on the environment.

http://www.cigarettelitter.org/index.asp?PageName=Facts
    91_Aggie
    AG
    There will be a subset of non-smokers that inconsiderate, but EVERY smoker is inconsiderate.

techno-ag
    AG
    quote:
    quote:
    Actually, not so much.
    quote:
    There is a lot of misinformation out there regarding cigarette butt litter. The biggest myth is that cigarette filters are biodegradable. In fact, cigarette butts are not biodegradable in the sense that most people think of the word. The acetate (plastic) filters can take many years to decompose. Smokers may not realize that their actions have such a lasting, negative impact on the environment.

http://www.cigarettelitter.org/index.asp?PageName=Facts

Thanks for backing me up, BCC.
    Anna Molly
    I wasn't.
    CDub06
    FlyRod
    Bossy.
    momtaxi
    quote:
    There will be a subset of non-smokers that inconsiderate, but EVERY smoker is inconsiderate.

That is not true!
    halibut sinclair
    bossy gets it.
    The Anchor
    AG
    quote:
    quote:

That is not true!

At some point every smoker's second hand smoke affects someone else.
    ksp
    We can see who the smoker is lol
    biobioprof
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    That is not true!

At some point every smoker's second hand smoke affects someone else.
    If someone smokes in their own car or home and doesn't litter, I don't care about the diluted second hand smoke that comes from that. AFAIC, it's below the background of effects of BBQ smoke, car exhaust, agricultural runoff etc.

And I'm a nonsmoker who thinks the folks who fling their butts out of their cars should have their cars confiscated and crushed.
    CDub06
    AG
    quote:
    AFAIC, it's below the background of effects of BBQ smoke...
    That's like saying people that light delicious smelling candles are polluting the atmosphere.

Should people not use air freshener after they poop? BBQ smoke delivers a beautiful aroma to an otherwise foul world.
    FlyRod
    Sadly North Carolina has already banned the use of wood in future BBQ operations, at least according to the glorious book "Real Barbecue." Existing places are grandfathered in, literally. When the present owners die, they have to switch to gas.

Thus will die one of America's regional styles of 'cue.

SumAggie
    this should be called the "Board of Self-righteousness"
    Oogway
    quote:
    Sadly North Carolina has already banned the use of wood in future BBQ operations, at least according to the glorious book "Real Barbecue." Existing places are grandfathered in, literally. When the present owners die, they have to switch to gas.

Thus will die one of America's regional styles of 'cue.

Okay--off topic I know, but I read that too. Very very sad--no more true pit barbecue like the old days. It had to do with health regs didn't it since they were selling BBQ to the public?

I like Texas BBQ okay, but I do miss me some of the other styles like KC & saucy southern 'cue.

Carry on with the ciggy litter...
    Wildmen03
    AG
    If they want to kill themselves early and constantly smell like burnt butt hair, that's their right.

Just do it away from me and don't litter.
    EVA3
    AG
    I like big butts. I cannot lie.
    eloc62
    sorry to get away from the ciggy litter thing again, but, i just cant wrap my head around the fact that North Carolina will no longer allow new BBQ places to use wood to smoke their meats. to quote Vince Lombardi, "What the Hell is going on out there!" I will continue to smoke all kinds of delicious meats on my backyard smoker using wood till the day i die. they can take my smoker when they can pry it from my cold, dead fingers!
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.