Suddenlink internet down all day

3,954 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by shotcaller1
montegobay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We got a notice about upgrades happening last night. However, since getting up this morning, nothing. On phone with them now, fully expecting them to say it's our router.
Polecat
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
montegobay
Thanks Polecat. We have tried that about 10 times today. Suddenlink reset us(disconnected us and reconnected us). All is well now! It was actually a pretty quick and painless call.
shotcaller1
AG
This type of issue should be no surprise to suddenlink customers. I cannot think of a worse-performing company that provides internet services than suddenlink.

Faced with a similar situation, I've been told to "get a bunch of other people to call for the same issue so that someone will actually work on your problem". What???
RockofAges
I don't know why people still use their services, They are always having problems with being down. Their security systems probably aren't working either. Good grief, why not just change services and go to someone else who doesn't have all these problems.
isitjustme
AG
We got that call as well. As far as I know, we were never without internet. Had it late last night, this morning when we got up, and right now as I'm typing this. Hope OP gets their service back soon.

I continue to find humor in those who so vehemently loathe suddenlink that they'll take almost any related thread to share their disgust. Same could be said for threads involving certain other businesses and topics.
AggieJason
AG
quote:
I don't know why people still use their services,

Why? Because I've used them for a DECADE with maybe one or two issues during that timeframe.

People are so quick to jump on the "Hate Suddenlink" bandwagon; I just don't get it.
jagouar1
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't know why people still use their services,

Why? Because I've used them for a DECADE with maybe one or two issues during that timeframe.

People are so quick to jump on the "Hate Suddenlink" bandwagon; I just don't get it.
Same here... very few issues over the years.

Always have to remember you only hear about people who are upset and not the majority who are satisified customers.

Funny thing is this downtime is actually a good thing... means they are turning on the extra bonded channels to give us speed upgrades.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I haven't had a problem with their service that wasn't fixed 99% of the time by simply unplugging and plugging back in. if that didn't work, a call to their tech support usually fixes it in a few minutes.

There are many reasons to dislike Suddenlink, but if you are having constant problems with your service, I'd bet the problem is on your end or you are just incredibly unlucky.
Stucco
They don't deliver the speed I pay for, and cap my unlimited plan, and snoop on my traffic, and inject their own content, even hijacking https connections. The service has steadily declined while they make additional money off selling my information and they still charge me more every year.

And all I get to look forward to is the "give yourself a gift switch event". Followed by the"jaw dropping amazing omg switch event".
redd38
AG
quote:
I don't know why people still use their services, They are always having problems with being down. Their security systems probably aren't working either. Good grief, why not just change services and go to someone else who doesn't have all these problems.
Cause I get great service from them.
biobioprof
quote:
quote:
Cause I get great service from them.
Usually works for me too (although I guess I didn't check this AM before going to work). Mine got much better when I stopped using their cable modems and just bought my own. A lot of intermittent blackout turn out to be the modem on it's last few weeks before failure. The diagnostics they run for you when you called customer support used to fail to detect that problem.

In terms of staying with them, there aren't a ton of alternatives. Back when there was an inside-the-firewall DSL deal between TAMU and Verizon, I had that and held onto it even when it became massively overpriced for the bandwidth. When it worked it was fine, but Verizon's phone-based customer support made Suddenlink's look good back then. That was a long time ago, though.

What else? FIOS never happened, right? Do everything over 4G LTE?
nwspmp
For the most part I've been happy with my service from them and I've had a cable modem since 1998. 128k starting out!

Just tested my connection and got 51.22/3.37mbps tested.

The only thing I've had to do is have my house's internal coax cabling replaced. When I bought this house, the internal cable was crap, split up several times with bargain basement splitters and cheap cable and crap connectors.

A bit of good RG6, my own cable modem, proper connectors and a single splitter (2.5GHz) feeding the main trunk to a dedicated run to the cable modem and a secondary splitter for the other cable outlets and I've been rock-solid on connection. Even for the time I was testing the 107mbit package in my house; worked a treat.

I'm not a big fan of the caps, but I've never come close to hitting them. I don't use my connection for non-work tasks too often, but when I do, I like it to work well, and that's what I've been lucky enough to have.
Post removed:
by user
O.G.
I do know we lost Comedy Central which I enjoyed. So, this evening I'm going through
the channels and come across the move, Glory on a channel called Pivot. Glory is a great movie, highly acclaimed and well acted.

However, I'd never seen this channel before so I watched fairly intently at its content. I was treated to commercials with pictures of Karl Marx in the background and multiple global warming commercials with images of the "melting polar ice caps" and talking trees.

No thank you.
Stucco
And the sound has been cutting out every 30 seconds during the AMAs...
montegobay
That happens on every show we watch on ABC through SL. So annoying!
shotcaller1
AG
Sound was cutting out a week ago during the NFL games
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.