Longmire Learning Center

4,716 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by StringerBell
AggieWife2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Howdy!

We are considering changing schools for our 2 year old daughter. I have read threads on here and it seems like a lot of people recommend Longmire Learning Center. Can I get some thoughts on it? I have two questions that are most important to us.

1) Turnover rate of teachers? Her current school has teachers coming in and out like its a revolving door. It is very stressful on her so I really want to give her some stability.

2) Any bad stories of maltreatment? Her current school has had a couple of teachers fired for "grabbing kids by their arm and forcing them to sit". Hasn't happened directly to her but it makes me uneasy.

Also, I am open to other suggestions. We live/work in South CS so I rather not go into Bryan or anything too far. Thanks in advance!
Ribbed Paultz
We are in the same boat. Looking for a good school for our <2yo child.

Aggiewife, do you mind saying where your current child is currently enrolled? I would want to avoid it.

I've heard decent things about this place- http://www.thefamilymontessori.com
It's close to our house, but seems pretty new. Anyone know anything about them?
java94
AG
My daughter went to LLC and we loved it..granted she's 14 now, so it was a while ago. There was no noticeable turnover back then, and I'd be willing to bet Ms Avian and Ms Barbie are still there.
MiMi
S
I have had 2 children at LLC. They are 13 and 14 yr old now. I know that several of the teachers that were there when my kids attended are still there now. I was very happy with the curriculum and the staff.
understandingmom
Same as above: daughter went there years ago, she is now 11. We loved it . Turn over was low. I will say that it was very structured and had rules that were enforced. If you have a child that you want to be the exception to the rule this might not be the place for you. Some people do well with that and others do not. It worked fine for us.
Ratsa
I've got a 15 year old and 12 year old that went to LLC. Of the eight teachers that were there when my kids went through, five are still there. One left to go to A&M to finish her degree. Another moved to Houston after her boys left for college. I'm not sure about the third teacher. The director has been there since my kids were there too.

My kids were very happy there. They felt loved by their teachers, but were also held accountable for their behavior. My only gripe, and it was a minor one, was that I didn't like them watching TV while they were at preschool, and Longmire did have TV time while kids were being dropped off in the morning.

Good luck in making your decision!
turtle8529
Can't go wrong with LLC- almost 0 teacher turnover and very consistent with lesson planning from class to class. My kids have been there for years!
Bohica64
We are very pleased with Longmire Learning Center, the teachers are great and my daughter loves going to "school" every day. It's been said that many of the area elementary and high school teachers can recognize a child that attended Longmire because they are usually ahead, socially and academically of those kids that did not attend Longmire. I have seen zero teacher turnover in the 3 years we have been there and I believe it's because the teachers truly do love what they do. They are firm but fair, they encourage "yes ma'am" "Yes Sir", "please" and "Thank you". Longmire is a great place for children to learn and grow.
PS3D
I've known a family that went to Longmire after moving their daughter from Kidsgettinghurtalot on Boonville.
aggiepaintrain
AG
AggieWife2008
S
I called LLC...it would be June 2015 before we could go over there. Any other suggestions welcome!
Tailgate88
AG
Another enthusiastic thumbs up for LLC. Get on the waiting list.
DisTex
AG
Golden Keys Learning Center. Nice people.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
We have a child at Southwood Learning Center and we like it. Little to no teacher turnover and ours is learning quite a bit. Some of that may be her age, but I can tell they care about the kids and our child loves to go to school each day. I don't know if they have any openings but it is worth a shot.

They are located on Sara Dr. between Longmire and the Hwy 6 frontage Rd just south of Deacon.
OlAg2001
Second for Golden Keys! Our oldest went through there, and our second is currently enrolled.
Jimmy Conway
Agree on Southwood Learning (just down the street from Longmire). Great school, teachers in place for what seems like forever, and the staff/teachers there seem to really care about the kids on a personal level and not just a 9-5 level.
Agism95
My son, whose now a fish in the Corps, went to LLC. We loved it!!!! One of his teachers from LLC started Golden Keys. She was fabulous and I bet her program is as well.
ChemTrac
Southwood learning center!! We've had a kid there for last 5 years. Love it there.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Southwood Learning
beefly95
We currently go to LLC. ITS SUPERB. we love their curriculum and their teachers. Yes, Ms. Avian and Ms. Barbie are still there. All the teachers are wonderful and most of them have been there for 10 years or longer. My only concern is they've kind of outgrown their current facility, but I always recommend LLC to anyone who asks.
StringerBell
AG
Southwood
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.