Please consider donating to help some fellow Ags!

2,711 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by tx_aggie_04
tx_aggie_04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I haven't been around for a long time... so most of you won't know me... but my name is Lindy and I'm the proudest member of the FTAC 2004!

I'm hoping that some of you have been around a while and remember back in the day when the '03ers dominated the General board. Well, BTHOB4T12 (Becky '03) and McInnis 03 (Charles '03) ended up getting married! They have two beautiful little girls (Payton and Ellie) and another baby on the way!

I'm posting to talk about their 23 month old, Ellie.

Ellie was diagnosed with Moyamoya disease after suffering a stroke on July 22, 2014. Ellie had her first brain surgery soon after and bounced back like a real trooper. She then returned to her routine at home, getting stronger each day, regaining the functions the stroke had taken from her. As Ellie was learning her "new normal", on September 23, 2014, she had another stroke. This major stroke affected 2/3 of the left side of her brain. Over a month later and after a second brain surgery, precious Ellie is still in Texas Children's Hospital in Houston, and is giving it her all to re-learn how to walk, talk, and even eat again. The great news is that Ellie is continuing to progress and get better. It's expected that if her discharge date holds (which will be 2 days before her 2nd birthday), Ellie and her family will have been in TCH for a period of 8 weeks including time in PICU, on the Neuro floor, and the rehabilitation unit.

Going into the year 2015, it would appear a "cap" on outpatient benefits may limit Ellie's recovery. In the month of January alone she will exceed her allocated benefit. Months of therapy are expected by her doctors and case manager, thus the family will need to pay occupational, physical, and speech therapies without insurance assistance. Therapies that are vitalto Ellie's recovery range in cost from $100-$500 per hour, and she is expected to attend therapy 5 days a week for the foreseeable future.

As of the time of this post, we have already raised $11,205 in 3 days for Ellie's therapy and treatments. Our goal is to raise $25,000 for the family by December 30th.

My hope is that by posting this, we can use the Aggie Network that we all hold in such high regards to help our own. Please, if you feel so moved, share Ellie's story and donate if you are able. My most sincere thanks to all who send thoughts, prayers and donations.

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/1qb6/-goelliego-help-ellie-beat-moyamoya-disease

We are the Aggies, the Aggies are we. True to each other as Aggies can be.

My heartfelt thanks and Gig 'em!
Lindy ' 04
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Lindy, please email chuck@fifthcjewelry.com
tx_aggie_04
So far, we have raised $13, 183 in only 4 days! I encourage you to share Ellie's story in the hopes that more people will be moved to donate! Thank you!

#GoEllieGo
tx_aggie_04
We're at $14,615 in one week!

Please consider donating and sharing the story so that others might donate!

Thanks and Gig'em!
tx_aggie_04
We are now at $15,235!
tx_aggie_04
$15,880! Ellie's release date is next week... two days before her second birthday! Please consider donating as she moves her healing path back home to Galveston!

Thanks and Gig 'Em!
tx_aggie_04
$16,585! We're well on our way to reaching our goal! I encourage you to continue to share Ellie's story in the hopes that we can not only reach the goal, but surpass it.

Thanks and Gig 'Em!
PrincessButtercup
AG
Wow! Y'all have gotten a lot today!
tx_aggie_04
We received a HUGE donation yesterday to put us past the $20,000 mark! We're currently at $20,675! Thanks to all who have donated and shared. Your generosity is much appreciated!
tx_aggie_04
We are SO CLOSE to our goal! The fundraiser is currently at $22,100! Please continue to share so that we can reach and surpass our goal! #GoEllieGo
tx_aggie_04
We are at $22, 325! We not only want to reach our goal, we want to surpass it to make sure Ellie has everything that she needs to move forward with her therapy! Thanks to all who have shared and donated. I hope that you will continue to share in hopes that others will feel moved to donate!
tx_aggie_04
We are currently at $22,570. That's 90% of our goal!! Please continue to share Ellie's story so we can reach our goal! #GoEllieGo
tx_aggie_04
We're at $23,360! So close to our goal! #GoEllieGo
tx_aggie_04
My most sincere thanks to all who donated and shared Ellie's story. We reached our goal... and a month early! Ellie will continue to battle so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks and Gig 'Em!
Lindy '04
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.