Bryan SMD 4 candidate forum

3,801 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by halibut sinclair
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
^ So many sour grapes from ol' techo.
Eskimo1w
quote:
quote:
For example, can you explain why we would give a $5M tax break to a company owned by one of the richest families in America, a company that makes millions every day, a company that destroys other local businesses (so the new business destroys jobs, but then claims to create them), pays low wages (many workers are officially in poverty and get poor benefits), and whose profits ultimately leave our community headed to the pockets of shareholders and the Waltons). We even built infrastructure for them. That company should have been paying us to come to the West side of Bryan. This endeavor makes the La Salle hotel seem like a genius idea.

There's nothing wrong with economic incentives to spur growth. Luring Walmart to the west side was a good idea and should speed development over there.

Fortunately Mike and his pro-Obama pals are still a minority on council, and hopefully won't cause too much damage.
Again, the incentives were excessive...anti business. There was, as usual a better way.

2nd, if you'd been at Mike's watch party last night you would know that Mike has support across the political spectrum...many people in the room were cheering for wins by republicans and others. You are so misinformed on so many levels. But, you are welcome to keep repeating the same nonsense over and over....but that won't make it true. You thought Southerland would be buried in the election and the amendments would loose...you were wrong on all counts. You need a new crystal ball.
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
But, you are welcome to keep repeating the same nonsense over and over....but that won't make it true.
This applies to you too.
GSS
Techno-Deflecto will rise again!
techno-ag
AG
quote:
You thought Southerland would be buried in the election and the amendments would loose...you were wrong on all counts. You need a new crystal ball.

Show me where I said that. I hoped Kyle would win because I see the intense negativism Southerland brings, just like his supporters on here. It's a real drag dealing with hateful and divisive people, and Southerland & Co. are the party of "No!" in Bryan.

And as for the amendments, if you'll go back and look you'll see where I predicted they'll pass. They're not good amendments, but many people expected them to pass anyway.
halibut sinclair
Eskimo1w
quote:
quote:
You thought Southerland would be buried in the election and the amendments would loose...you were wrong on all counts. You need a new crystal ball.

Show me where I said that. I hoped Kyle would win because I see the intense negativism Southerland brings, just like his supporters on here. It's a real drag dealing with hateful and divisive people, and Southerland & Co. are the party of "No!" in Bryan.

And as for the amendments, if you'll go back and look you'll see where I predicted they'll pass. They're not good amendments, but many people expected them to pass anyway.
I always love it when people can twist their prior posts to mean anything they want them to mean depending on the results.

Anyway, I am done with this forum. On to less divisive things....techno-ag....see you next election cycle. Enjoy.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I always love it when people can twist their prior posts to mean anything they want them to mean depending on the results.

Anyway, I am done with this forum. On to less divisive things....techno-ag....see you next election cycle. Enjoy.

Not twisted at all. Here are my exact quotes:

quote:
Southerland only received 36% of the vote running for mayor. The people already spoke. These poorly worded "ethics"amendments, with signatures gathered by a non resident currently under investigation for voter fraud, and who violated state election laws by not submitting donor and expenditure lists by deadline (makes you wonder what she's hiding), may well pass thanks to all the dirty tricks they've been playing. But they likely won't survive a court challenge. It ain't right to prevent someone from volunteering for the city just because of who they're related to.

quote:
As stated previously, when you're dealing with a group of rabble rousers (even the Eagle said as much about Southerland in their endorsement), who are willing to be unethical in order to pass "ethics" amendments, they'll likely succeed. But the poorly worded amendments likely won't survive challenges and up costing the city taxpayer money in court.
halibut sinclair
So much fail in your quoted quotes.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.