City of Bryan State of the City 2014. Tasteless! Who Are They Looking to Attract?

2,873 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 72jag
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
City of Bryan 2014 State of the City

Don't get me wrong, it was a great video promoting the city, but to zoom in on a racist cop badge at 4:28 of the video with Bryan Texas on it??? WTF! You are trying to attract businesses from around the world and you feel the need to zoom in on a confederate Bryan Police Department badge?

I think this video needs to be taken down and that scene re-edited.
carpe vinum
AG
actual link

Seriously? Damn, son you are wrapped pretty tight.
dfphotos
were you dropped on your head as a child?
ksp
first world issues lol.
GoneGirl
AG
I probably wouldn't have used that shot, but I think you're working awful hard to be offended.
Birddog
AG
There is no officers badge at 4:28?
DBSwooper
I think he means the historic patches worn on the officer's uniforms. One of the patches from many decades ago had a confederate battle flag on it.
bcstx06
Badge, patch WTF ever. The point is, there is a wall full of patches yet the camera is specifically focused in on a confederate one. It may not be a big deal to some but it is overall a bad image to portray to the world when you are trying to attract major businesses to the area.

I don't care what any of you say, its a negative, racist subliminal message.
Texarkana
techno-ag
AG
This group of rabble-rousers never ceases to entertain.
carpe vinum
AG
Manufactured drama.
DBSwooper
quote:
I don't care what any of you say, its a negative, racist subliminal message.

Since I happen to know the guy who shot and edited that entire project himself, I will tell you that you can't be further from the truth if you were in space. There is no hidden agenda, no underlying racist conspiracy, it's just a b-reel shot showing historic patches.

If you want I've got some tinfoil in the pantry you can borrow for your hat.
EVA3
AG
The Confederate flag is not racist.
Hammerheadjim
AG
Someone has a self-righteous stick they need to pull out of their ......
Nothing wrong with the video.
79MusicMan
Love how you can see the 2 on-camera individuals reading the script. Guess they didn't bother rehearsing their lines for such an important PR piece! Very sloppy b-roll. No motivated shots. A hodgepodge of non-sequenced shots. The Jumpback utilized was rather strange for that type message. And the biggest thing....never use an elected official to deliver an important PR piece! Please use a professional who understands body language and message delivery. You get what you pay for! If you are going to have a PR video that is predominantly v/o with b-roll. I'd suggest some visually pleasing shots. Maybe someone who understands NPPA style of shooting sequences. No color grading that I can tell. Some shots over exposed. Overall quality is marginal at best.
originaltexan
On a suggest view at Youtube on the same page

Takeover Texas in Bryan

The local dance-off has occurred, and I bet most didn't know it.

Arts and Dance!!
72jag
AG
Some people will find racism in anything. Try to live a good life and get off that pedastel.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.