Thread deleted?

1,566 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Anna Molly
runnrboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wasn't there a thread on here about the woman that was involved in a hit and run and is now homeless? I know it was on the KBTX site, but is now gone.
BlueMiles
AG
If there was a thread here, I never saw it. And you're correct. Even though KBTX has a headline, the story seems to be gone.
ifish2
I did view the article on KBTX before it was removed. I noticed that of the four comments left at the time, three of them were bashing TAMU and their outsourcing.
BlazeHarper
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Unable-to-Pay-Rent-Bryan-Hit-and-Run-Victim-now-Homeless-280715942.html" class="postlink " target="_blank">http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Unable-to-Pay-Rent-Bryan-Hit-and-Run-Victim-now-Homeless-280715942.html

That was the original thread but has not been deleted not sure why.
Is a shame because that story had contact information on how to help her out in her situation should someone reading it want to do so.
Ronnie Gardocki
I never saw this. Can somebody explain exactly what happened?
carpe vinum
AG
all I can find now.
Chances are they pulled it to do some fact checking and will likely put it back. Not that uncommon.

quote:
BRYAN, Texas - Hit by a truck and left for dead along a Bryan road, a Bryan woman and her four-year-old son are now facing homelessness because she's unable to work. Michelle Webb was walking to work...
previous article
justcallmeharry
S
I saw the second story on KBTX, but do not remember seeing a thread here.

Memory is not always an elephant.

Harry...
Rapier108
KBTX has a habit of removing stories when the comment section goes completely off the rails, if they even allow comments.

The article was filled with comments bashing A&M, bashing Sharp, and then Jamie@CS showed up and posted about 20-30 anti-Bryan comments. Right after that, the entire article disappeared.
FlyRod
I was about to post that KBTX comments make the General and Politics Boards sound reasonable...until I reused it's many of the same people from the boards posting the KBTX loony tunes comments.
Anna Molly
Her GoFundMe is gone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.