Westboro loonies

5,448 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by FlyRod
CharlieBrown17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Anyone think they'll actually show up this time?
Fonzie Scheme
AG
As crazy as they are, those fools are always good for a quote. I hate how they pervert Scripture but how they twist well-known tunes with their own lyrics is actually pretty entertaining,

BTW, I knew they were the craziest of the crazies when I read that Fred Phelps had actually been kicked out before his death. In his twilight, apparently the founder of the feast wasn't fanatical enough.
carpe vinum
AG
nwspmp
I was there last time they threatened to come here. I'll be there again.
klockness
AG
Where is that from? They have done far more harm to God and Christianity than anything else in my lifetime. They have helped drastically turn the tides in favor of redefining marriage in our country and they are to ignorant to realize they are largely the cause of that. They have become the face of Christians in the media even though an overwhelming number Christians stand against what they are doing and what they believe. The idea that God hates anyone is completely contradictory to the gospel no matter what their sin.
FlyRod
Has anyone FTR'd Westboro Baptist Church on Yelp yet?

I did notice that you-know-who has in fact FTR'd quite a lot of churches in BCS...
FlyRod
Wow, their screed refers to the "whole round world." When did they suddenly decide that the world wasn't flat anymore?
CharlieBrown17
AG
quote:
I was there last time they threatened to come here. I'll be there again.

Same here.
Anna Molly
Doubt they'll show up but they're doing a great job of getting their name in the press, again.
95_Aggie
AG
They just want publicity. Congrats for giving it to them.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Yes, a thread on TexAgs was their end goal. How silly of me for not realizing this sooner.

95_Aggie
AG
Well, let's see ... publicity about a "protest" in CS on a B/CS-centric board.

hmmmm
duffelpud
AG
...the North Korea of fringe religious groups...
AggieJason
AG
quote:
They just want publicity. Congrats for giving it to them.

+1.

That and the /r/aggies idiots, too.
C XX I
Please stop giving this organization attention. They only schedule these 'protests' to gain attention and then judge the response to determine if they are going. Creating public events, like this very one, serves only to give them precisely what they want AND motivate them to actually show up. This "wall 2.0" means more media attendance and more exposure for them.

You are doing precisely what they want and motivating them to come to Texas A&M.

They didn't come to the first wall, they didn't come the other times a "wall" was made since then (this isn't even the second time, so "2.0" isn't applicable), and they very likely won't come to this one unless you give them a reason to.

If you are going to make yourself feel better, then go ahead. If you're planning on attending because you want to limit the exposure these hateful people get, then don't and stop talking about it.
AgResearch
AG
Best response is to do nothing. Don't show up for anything, don't organize a counter demonstration, and don't spread their message. They will fade away without attention. Too bad common folks and the media can't follow through.
FlyRod
I generally agree with pro- avoidance here, but if they show up to harass people laying loved ones to rest at a funeral then I plan on showing up, and hope others do as well. Maybe that doesn't cross a line constitutionally, but it damn sure does with me.
kittenmittens
I think communities (like ours) that show up and behave in a loving and respectful manner (like last time) send a powerful message that overwhelms their hateful nonsense. A silver lining, if you will.
quirkyaggie
AG
Stop paying them attention and they'll stop getting it.
Crusader
As a Christian and a Baptist, I totally denounce this group of hate-filled bigots. There is nothing Baptist nor Christian about these judgmental pharisees.
isitjustme
AG
While i agree with the totality of crusader's statement, the irony of judging a judgmental group was just too much to pass up.
Stucco
Do not judge lest ye be judged. Kind of a chicken and egg thing going on here.
FlyRod
I'm judged on a regular basis all the time, so I'll do all the judging I want!
bcstx06
I bet most of you on here went and voted for Mr. Westboro Jr. (Dan Patrick) for Lieutenant Governor. He has some of the same beliefs as this hate group church.
FlyRod
As the Chinese used to say, "God forbid you should live in interesting times."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.