Need a track to run on.

1,398 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Oogway
sjl96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are there any tracks locally that are open to the public (high schools, etc.)?
ksp
The school on graham rd has one(middle school I believe). I run on it. Drawing a blank on the name. Nice padded top too.
UmustBKidding
Cypress grove
MikeTV
The track behind College Station Middle School on Rock Prairie is open.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Most of the non-high school stadiums have open tracks. There are also meany tracks available in other locations. Most are of the shredded tire variety, so there's decent cushion.
sjl96
AG
Thanks for the help!
Oogway
Hi, sjl96

I would like to add a caveat to the availability of certain tracks being open to the public (for CSISD):

During school hours, any adult must present a valid ID to front office personnel and receive a sticker ID in order to be on school grounds. AFAIK, the high school athletic facilities are not open to the public and the two middle schools may prohibit use to the public during school hours as well (due to athletic/PE activities that may be ongoing).

A more recent development is that the two middle schools (CSMS on Rock Prairie & AMCMS on Anderson) may close their facilities for school safety and failure to observe certain protocols not limited to the following:

Citizens using the facilities during school hours w/o checking in.
Citizens ignoring the 'no dogs allowed signs' (service dogs excluded).
Citizens using the field lights and not turning them off.
Citizens using the main football fields after they have been watered/pesticides applied

As a community, it is nice when we all have access to use and support resources, but that comes with a responsibility. While most folks don't abuse this availability, it would be a shame if the tracks became off-limits due to the carelessness of a few...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.